By The Book

I hate when I get a message. Hey so and so has a pick up. Ok send me an on call. No they just need you to come by.

They can drop it off at the ups store.
Sounds like a work as directed to me. Sounds like the customer called in.
I'm not going.to give away free service. I'll gladly take the package if he gives it to me but I'm not making a special trip for it.
You'll do it and like it!

Re-Raise

I did have an older customer stop me once and ask why we don't stick around after we ring the doorbell. I told him we on such a tight time crunch that they don't allow it unless there's a signature required. He said he missed the days the ups
Man would knock on his door, hand him his package with a smile and engage a quick little conversion with him. He said, "that's real service". Sad you all have gotten away from that... I kind of agree with the man.

I came from a full service industry where it was our job to make sure customers were happy. The ole mighty $ has ruined it tho for the shipping industry. I have the Richard Branson ideology.. take care of employees.. employees take care of customers.. and the happy customers do more business...
It would annoy me to have to talk to my mailman every time he brought a letter to the house. Just leave it in the mailbox already...

AutoZone

BrownPower
It would annoy me to have to talk to my mailman every time he brought a letter to the house. Just leave it in the mailbox already...
Most customers would just say thank you and let you be on your way anyways... But there are still some that appreciate the small talk service.

haller

Still driving..... :) Actually getting trained on a full time route next Wednesday... :)

You're the guy that treats this forum like high school right? Where you have to constantly brag... Well my faith in jesus is dwindling because i see many scumbags being rewarded.