How bummed are the “Vote No” guys gonna be when the contract passed due to poor turnout.

The car thing is as dumb as your post. Show me all those posts declaring what again? :bsbullf:You guys make up so much its hilarious. In truth I am winning the most creative emoji charms though, thanks to the vote no movement. Awesome job guys!

giphy (6).gif

No One on hwy9

Are you prepared to opt out of everything else the Union offers you? Health and Welfare, annual raises, increased pension contributions, paid,vacation, jury duty, bereavement, sick days? If you don't want this contract, be the change you want to see. Run for office in your Local. Campaign for O'Brien and Zuckerman in 2021. Put them at the negotiating table in 2023.
Peace, BD

We are prepared to opt out of the Hoffa union because they are using our dues money in order to get rid of "problem employees". Many of us have been subjected to the terrible life changing retribution and retaliation from Hoffa/UPS coordinated targeting of drivers and other UPS employees. Read this case Atkinson Hearing Reveals Disturbing Relationship Between UPS And Teamsters | bringbackthefight Atckinson's case is not unique. It has happened to dozens if not 100s of UPSers. Most have lost their livelihoods. I would say 99% are no longer working at UPS due to Union UPS collusion. 1% or less of us have been able to defeat UPS and the Teamsters. When you have a corrupt union; it is worse than no union. We are paying these Hoffa cronies $100,000 + so that they and UPS can take our livelihoods? When you have a union that does not take any action against people like Betty Rose Fisher; there is a major problem....a cancer.

I have been a staunch union supporter for decades. I still am and always will be. But I will no longer support this corrupt union if this contract is passed without major changes. All 4 of my Grandparents were union employees. 2 at the Big 3 Auto Companies, Another at a major telecommunications company, and the other a coal miner. My father was a union carpenter. My father and grandmother find it reprehensible what is going on with Fiat/UAW How much legal trouble could Fiat Chrysler, UAW face in scandal? and UPS/Teamsters.

If I was only thinking about myself and what the Teamsters did to me and my family; I would have opted out years ago. I would have filed a failure to fulfill a duty of fair representation case that i could have easily won. My union allegiances were too strong. It was bigger than me.

If this was about the Hoffa Teamsters being complicit in strategically targeting 100's of employees by colluding with UPS; I would have opted out years ago. It was bigger than just the 100's of us.

But now; this is a lot bigger than me or the 100s like me who the Hoffa Teamsters have thrown under the bus and then backed the bus over us. UPS is driving the bus and Hoffa is resting his head in UPS's lap. And now they are not attempting to run a few hundred of us over; they are trying to run 10s of 1000's of us over. All the while; telling us they have our best interests at hand. The hypocrisy is grotesque. We will not pay these butt puppets for selling a whole generation of 22.4s down the river.

If 100's or 1000's of us do opt out; we will send our dues $ to the O'Brien/Zuckerman's campaigns....or for that matter to any of the many other Teamster locals that actually do their FN job.

No one that I know wants to opt out. But there are 1000's that will.

Hopefully, after a strong no vote; these hypocritical, disgraced, pieces of garbage will actually fight for ALL the members.

The Hoffa-Hall Corruption Concessions Connection

So for now; keep sending your hard earned money to these criminals in the red vests; those that voted over 80% for Hoffa at the delegation. We the members voted Hoffa out in the US. Hoffa and his corrupt buddies do not represent the members. They are eroding this union from the inside out. The Union (and many many more than just Fisher) continue to collude with UPS in order to terminate UPSers. WTF?

We will keep paying our dues unless this contract goes thru without MAJOR changes. There is a difference between a union who works for the members and a union that works with UPS to terminate members.

And hopefully we can take out this mountain of Teamster trash in the next Teamster General election and our local elections.

Anti-union plant! Get to your Americans for Prosperity cubicle.

brown_trousers

This contract won’t pass because of a poor turnout. The contract won’t be imposed because of a less than 50% vote. Just a FYI. This contract won’t be imposed. If it’s voted down we have authorized a strike. Last contract won’t happen again.
I dont believe its optional to impose it or not. Someone posted the actual IBT rules on here once, regarding ratification of contracts. I believe it was worded in such a way that if those two criteria were met;
-under 50% voter turnout
-less than 2/3 voting no
The contract is automatically ratified.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I dont believe its optional to impose it or not. Someone posted the actual IBT rules on here once, regarding ratification of contracts. I believe it was worded in such a way that if those two criteria were met;
-under 50% voter turnout
-less than 2/3 voting no
100% correct. He doesn’t know Wut the friend he is taking about. I actually think this is what’s gonna happen.

-under 50% voter turnout
-less than 2/3 voting no

No.

Not being an :censored2:, you can look it up again, it can't "automatically ratify" for any reason, loophole, or otherwise. If it is brought to the membership as a last/best/final (which this hasn't), and <50% of members vote, it would require a supermajority "no" vote to vote it down. With <50% and <2/3 "no" vote, it CAN be imposed. Not will, not shall, and definitely not automatically.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
100% correct. He doesn’t know Wut the friend he is taking about. I actually think this is what’s gonna happen.

100% incorrect.

This was not a final offer by the Company, as far as we know.

(2) If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as hereinprovided shall require the negotiatingcommittee to accept such final offer or such additional provisi

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Not being an :censored2:, you can look it up again, it can't "automatically ratify" for any reason, loophole, or otherwise. If it is brought to the membership as a last/best/final (which this hasn't), and <50% of members vote, it would require a supermajority "no" vote to vote it down. With <50% and <2/3 "no" vote, it CAN be imposed. Not will, not shall, and definitely not automatically.

If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure
of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provide shall require the Local Union Executive Board to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it

Teamsters Constitution

i never heard either side say anything about this being the final offer. this is really just round one with a strike authorization vote in the back pocket for a no vote on there final offer. the thing is i couldn't find any voting rules on a first offer

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
i never heard either side say anything about this being the final offer. this is really just round one with a strike authorization vote in the back pocket for a no vote on there final offer. the thing is i couldn't find any voting rules on a fiist offer

You are correct.

This is not a final offer, so Hoffa cannot implement the contract under Article 12, no matter how low the vote turnout was.

Although Hoffa could spin this anyway he wants and nothing would surprise me.

There are also no voter turnout rules for anything except a final offer.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What happens if this contract is turned down?

Does UPS take away the pension improvements and raises?

Change other sections making it far worse than it is and calling it a last best and final.

If so, then Article 12 comes into play. It could be implemented based on voter turnout

This vote, and maybe more importantly, the voter turnout, could determine the next step if it does not pass.

opie

One driver I talked to said he is voting yes. He said we will get locked out if we vote it down. Goes to show you that these scare tactics will work on some.

Future

Victory Ride
What happens if this contract is turned down?

Does UPS take away the pension improvements and raises?

Change other sections making it far worse than it is and calling it a last best and final.

If so, then Article 12 comes into play. It could be implemented based on voter turnout

This vote, and maybe more importantly, the voter turnout, could determine the next step if it does not pass.
We just keep voting no ....till we get a fair deal ....