How's peak 2019 brothers?

hegro

There was a day last week we did not leave until almost 11:30 on a 9:05 start time. For the most part though it has been a consistent 10-10:30 launch after starting at 9:05.

This week I snuck in on Monday before they were telling everyone we needed to call drivers and take stops. In and out in 9 hrs, 140 stops. Tues-Thurs were 13 hour days bringing stops back every day. Rolled 60 pieces yesterday while not finding 20 more on top of that. Thousands of pieces being left on the belt every morning. No idea about trailers being rolled but I'm sure it is already happening.

We have a ton of PVD routes in and it still isn't enough.. surprise surprise. Our center manager made a motivational speech a few weeks ago informing us we would not have the regular amount of seasonal help but were putting on a lot more PVD routes to help with trailer volume. Things will go smooth guys, we have a much more seasoned staff this year. Lol.

3 centers in our building and the irreg piles are already starting. 10 plus routes in my center with 300-400 stops. One car with 650 pieces, I'm sure 100+ didn't make it in the poor little 800.

This is my 4th peak and the worst in my building I have seen considering it is only the 6th. Sit back and enjoy the money I guess.

Hot Carl

Had a veteran driver and some kid seasonal preloader very nearly come to blows today. Heard yelling and screaming and other drivers walking up so they could see the ruckus themselves. Next thing I saw was the kid screaming obscenities with tears in his eyes and the PT supe desperately trying to hold him back. Talked to another kid who was that driver's helper the day before and apparently the driver didn't much appreciate the 15+ misloads he had in his truck that day. Must have brought it up and it set the kid off.

opie

They announced today, at least in my area, Local 177...Supervisors are being forced to work Sunday to deliver the backlog of packages.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
This looks worse than 2013 or 2014 or whatever who can remember.

When I left the building literally thousands of boxes stacked everywhere. Boxes everywhere fun guys walking around asking me if I've seen an empty truck they can go take. "you seen any empty trucks?"

Well buddy there's a lot of uhauls around

Did thirteen hours today broke every personal record for my own route. Most pieces, most stops, and we are just barely starting.

Get back Late late, fool timer their, "I'm just going to sleep here". Salute. I'll see you tomorrow mngmt in a few hours

Bring on seventy hours

I'm taking my time on this ride
View attachment 274940

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
tumblr_801959f562fe17e50e7eb466c9cc4549_3a1cdc64_500.gif

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
worse than usual. but predictably so. not that management acted accordingly. almost went over 14hours 3 days this week.

Gaintain

Hours maxed for the week. Now they begging me to come in today to be a driver helper lol

Attachments

• BDA3395C-C2F6-4197-AB81-F2702653FA60.jpeg
    BDA3395C-C2F6-4197-AB81-F2702653FA60.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 195

MrBrown

70 hour rule here. I got called off today and rolled 40 stops. Could have cleaned with a couple more hours. 63 hours this week. It's already a :censored2: show and it just started. My biggest gripe is my dispatch supervisor. She makes everyone drive further and overlap each other (apparently to increase mileage and make her numbers look better). I could be dispatched with a tighter area and clean everyday but no. You want me to deliver a handful of stops in another town and have another driver deliver stops in the heart of my route? Ok. Management is the problem, or the lack there of. I used to care, they don't so I don't. Merry Christmas!