How's peak 2019 brothers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My money is my money. “Sensible” is paying me correctly. I’m not overreacting. If I’m not firm with these :censored2:s they’ll never get around to paying me. So if I don’t hear “yes, we’ll get it fixed immediately” on Monday then they’ll be a grievance form prepared.

In fact, I may grieve it anyway. It’s such a busy time of year for everyone that I’m sure my issue will be glossed over.

...or you could stop being a dick, print out your time card, circle the error(s) with an explanation (if needed) and politely hand it to your sup tomorrow morning...

BTW, the first step in the grievance process is to give your local mgt folks a chance to resolve the issue before putting pen to paper.

The Driver

I drive.
...or you could stop being a dick, print out your time card, circle the error(s) with an explanation (if needed) and politely hand it to your sup tomorrow morning...

BTW, the first step in the grievance process is to give your local mgt folks a chance to resolve the issue before putting pen to paper.

I'll be preparing a grievance along with my printed out hours with an explanation. I will not turn in the grievance right away but they need to see I'm serious. They owe me $300+ dollars and will be paying me one or another, or they will NEVER see me on a 6th punch EVER again. They have 72 hours to pay me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Errors". They know what they're doing.

You are assuming that payroll keeps a running total of your hours and computes hours worked on a non-scheduled day based upon that total, knowing that if the total is 60 or more that the hours worked would be paid at double time?

As I said, it will take them a day or two to correct the error, which will be reflected in this week's check.

The Driver

I drive.
You are assuming that payroll keeps a running total of your hours and computes hours worked on a non-scheduled day based upon that total, knowing that if the total is 60 or more that the hours worked would be paid at double time?.

There's a DT section on the new payroll time card page. They have it in place already, they know that DT will be a common occurrence this time of year. They had all year to get it set up or something else is going on, willful ignorance being one possibility.

There's an ST, OT and DT section. They know what they're doing. W/E Saturday hasn't changed. They know DT is a distinct possibility and yet are reactive instead of proactive.

They owe me the money fast or I'm not coming in on a 6th punch again. Period.

The Driver

I drive.
I don’t understand why misloads would make a driver mad? I love finding misloads I burst out laughing when I find them.

girl.gif

Update on my situation: finally started but the meet up point is this remote truck stop/gas station. Not gonna say where it is, but in my area (i.e. where the truck stop is), it's cold and from the forecast it's only gonna get colder and me having epilepsy, I can't drive myself. I should be able to come in tomorrow but I may have to hold off on a lot of assignments till Friday when my paycheck comes in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Update on my situation: finally started but the meet up point is this remote truck stop/gas station. Not gonna say where it is, but in my area (i.e. where the truck stop is), it's cold and from the forecast it's only gonna get colder and me having epilepsy, I can't drive myself. I should be able to come in tomorrow but I may have to hold off on a lot of assignments till Friday when my paycheck comes in.

If your plan is to "hold off on a lot of assignments" you should probably plan on finding work elsewhere as you will be wasting everyone's time.

As a 30 year driver I can tell you that the biggest frustration during Peak is a helper who doesn't show up, either on time or at all.

35years

Gravy route
Upstate,
This is not the fist time you have posted the same incorect information about this exact same subject. See Bubblehead's responce from one of the other times....

...or what....?

They actually have until the next pay period to correct payroll errors in excess of the contractual amounts.

Dave ( @UpstateNYUPSer ) you should abstain from giving advice as it pertains to the contract.
You have proven this repeatedly over the years.

Pay shortages are addressed in Article 17 of the National Master
Any shortage of $20 or more for part timers and $40 or more for full timers are to be corrected in 48 hours, or the Company is subject to pay a penalty.
Any shortages below the aforementioned thresholds are to be corrected on the following weeks check.

Part timers are certainly woefully underpaid, but even so, 6 hours short certainly puts the OP in the 48 hour category.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

For the employee considering a grievance....

You are not short the pay until they issue an incorrect paycheck. At that point you immediately file for the pay discrepancy to get the clock ticking on the correction. If they do not get you a backpay check in the specified amount of time, you receive additional penalty pay of 4 hours. The longer they delay, the more they owe you in penalty pay.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Epilepsy you say?