How's peak 2019 brothers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

84 stops today on a satellite route out of a budget truck. Got done at 7pm and helped out another satellite driver and took 20 stops off him. He was mad because i took his easy stuff. Im not trying to be out there in the dark doing all that hard crap. Clock out at 930 with a full hour lunch i took at 1pm and my paid 10min break.

When you are sent to bail someone out the unwritten rule is that you take their easy stuff.

Whither

Scofflaw
They sent a dozen routes out with more than 400 stops each. Three routes with over 500 stops each.......

One route with over 600 stops and over 1,200 packages.

A new record for our center.

You can not make this crap up.

That's what, 2 hrs inside PM time sheeting up all the rolled stops?

Box Ox

I would have to think that the whole plane was exception scanned long before it landed and while I do applaud your devotion to customer service that package was already exempt from late charges/refund.

Always nice to have a former driver on here to represent the corporate and management point of view.

Hot Carl

Absolute nightmare. We're already far worse than we were the week before Christmas last year. Every truck blown out with 500+ pieces and pulling late. Preload all working 10+ hrs/ if we want it just because we have so many late trailers to unload and sort. On top of that, a lot of our PT supervisors left right before peak so we have some supes rubbing multiple belts. Today was the first day in at least a week where I got everything to fit on all my trucks.

Only gonna get worse from here.

MattM

Air gateway has been relatively easy. I'll be getting my lowest hours/pay check in 6 months. Delivery hubs, yeah you're screwed. Our building is a clean slate every morning. Calm before the storm I suppose. No sixth or seventh day work hours planned for us either. No doubles sign up sheets either bMaybe the weekend of the 20th, crap will hit the fan. But dare I say, maybe bits of UPS are actually functioning well.

I think it helps when full ulds are created and they bypass our building. That's gotta be what's happening.

KoennenTiger

“I’ll take 10 bro”

Every time I'm told to go help someone I don't even ask I just say let me see your board. I'll take these ones. If they are new-ish I'll go look in their truck and explain to them that they need to sort this :censored2: and move it forward. Sometimes I'll go sort their truck and show them what to do.

This peak though it's been twelve hours days every day. They want us to come in Saturday. Nobody has any hours left though. A bunch of these PVD things were driving their cars into the yard and leaving packages that they didn't deliver.

Mngmt told us in PCM that we are doing great! We're not rolling boxes we're so far ahead and by next week this will look just like a normal peak. I have customers that get specific large deliveries every Thursday. Instead today I had a bunch of stuff I should have had yesterday. Customers asking me why I don't have all the boxes they were supposed to get.

Gee I dunno sure looks like we're moving trailers up right mngmt?

Heavy Package

Air on trace all week.

And all you see on UPSers.com and hear our CEO preach about is how important the healthcare market is to us. Delivered critical healthcare air packages after 1pm, boxes smashed like a fat kid trying to get a piece of cake out of them, and rolling trailer after trailer for days. UPS would rather prioritize rubber dog s:censored3:t from Target and Walmart than our business customers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every time I'm told to go help someone I don't even ask I just say let me see your board. I'll take these ones. If they are new-ish I'll go look in their truck and explain to them that they need to sort this :censored2: and move it forward. Sometimes I'll go sort their truck and show them what to do.

A few years ago I was sent to help out a newbie during Peak. Same thing-----pickups mixed in with deliveries, stuff on the floor, no organization whatsoever. I spent 5-10 minutes helping him organize the car and set up the rest of his deliveries before taking a residential split.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
A few years ago I was sent to help out a newbie during Peak. Same thing-----pickups mixed in with deliveries, stuff on the floor, no organization whatsoever. I spent 5-10 minutes helping him organize the car and set up the rest of his deliveries before taking a residential split.
Sadly there are 25 year drivers just as disorganized.