How's peak 2019 brothers?

Hot Carl

Currently standing in the main part of our center. 15 minutes after posted start time. Local sort not even done yet. Most trucks not parked at the belts. Gonna get worse before it gets better.

Hadjabear

You know what's sad is the post office is delivering my packages a day earlier than expected and before our drivers are on the road, while I got packages through ups sitting in trailers being rolled then when they do get unload it's still another day because there was no room in the trucks

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
This looks worse than 2013 or 2014 or whatever who can remember.

When I left the building literally thousands of boxes stacked everywhere. Boxes everywhere fun guys walking around asking me if I've seen an empty truck they can go take. "you seen any empty trucks?"

Well buddy there's a lot of uhauls around

Did thirteen hours today broke every personal record for my own route. Most pieces, most stops, and we are just barely starting.

Get back Late late, fool timer their, "I'm just going to sleep here". Salute. I'll see you tomorrow mngmt in a few hours

Bring on seventy hours

I'm taking my time on this ride
2017 was the worst one in 33 years

Zowert

Would be nice if they gave me a decent helper. This chick I had yesterday was a nightmare. Every time I turn around she’s gone. I have to repeat myself over and over but she still couldn’t grasp the simplest concepts like odds and even addresses on a street.

I finally had it when she disappeared for 15 minutes, I drove around the block to find her waking around a park. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! “Oh my god this park is beautiful!” WE GOT SHYT TO DO!!!

Oh and I’ve never had a helper that knew how to use the app on the helper phones. I have to sheet everything from my board and just hope they get everything to the right address.

RageQuit

This is my second year as a driver helper. I’m sorry for those who have had a less that optimal experience with their helper this season or in the past. The job isn’t that difficult, and it blows my mind that helpers call out essentially hanging their assigned driver out to dry for that entire day. I liked my driver last year (faster pace and greater work ethic) a lot better than my driver this year, but ultimately, I’m here to do a job. I get paid not for how well I get along with my driver, but for how I can help to ensure we finish at a reasonable time. I know UPS isn’t a perfect company, but I appreciate the courtesy all of the drivers I’ve encountered seem to show their helpers and coworkers. Hope the rest of y’alls season goes as smoothly as possible!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Would be nice if they gave me a decent helper. This chick I had yesterday was a nightmare. Every time I turn around she’s gone. I have to repeat myself over and over but she still couldn’t grasp the simplest concepts like odds and even addresses on a street.

I finally had it when she disappeared for 15 minutes, I drove around the block to find her waking around a park. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! “Oh my god this park is beautiful!” WE GOT SHYT TO DO!!!

Oh and I’ve never had a helper that knew how to use the app on the helper phones. I have to sheet everything from my board and just hope they get everything to the right address.

Yep, I literally have to point out each address, give descriptions so my helper doesn't get lost, and sheet every package. First 30 stops every day are in the helper board, then that thing goes on the shelf in the cargo area.

rocket man

1200 packages 600 stops I like to see a photo it's some friend* impossible unless you're counting the 600 stops 450

go to the post office I guess

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They took one my cpu's off me so that I could help out with other stuff, then they never gave me any other stuff to do. Currently sleeping more on the clock than I do at home. #worstpeakever..

MattM

Air ramp life hasn't been easier. They upgraded our jets. No more 757 belly work! It's all p-section ulds. Lightest uld sort count in weeks. Sometimes those early days are essential for our sanity.
Calm before the storm really. With 'forced' sixth and seventh days coming up next weekend, that's when the pain hits.

numberonedriver

[QUOTE="Zowert, post: 4294649, member:

I would have told her she could enjoy the park for the rest of the day and left her there.
Don't have time to babysit someone all day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

[QUOTE="Zowert, post: 4294649, member:

I would have told her she could enjoy the park for the rest of the day and left her there.
Don't have time to babysit someone all day.

Did it ever occur to you that @Zowert just might be making that story up?

Whither

Scofflaw
Notably lighter this week -- 171 Mon, 192 Tues, 225 today -- and I have a helper. Guy is a go-getter. Got him the phone today (my last helper wouldn't touch it) and uses it like a champ. Barely getting my 8 each day.