"Last, Best, and Final" offer sent to Local 89

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Thanks to those that had positive and encouraging words of support. We hope our labor issues are resolved soon with just solutions. We need more people to visit facebook...worldport teamsters. Get involved with our discussions and issues.

I have also noticed that there are more than likely paid company administrators that counter unionized arguments with pro company points of view. It seems that their main objective is to use negative hypotheticals to create dissonance. They believe dissonance will chip away at solidarity by putting doubt and confession in peoples minds. These individuals have no data or information that could support their points. Why? There is no way that they could be in a position to have access to that information. Even if they were in the position, it is very unlikely they have the skill set to formulate conclusions that would even support their arguments on this site. If they did have the data, information, and highly needed skill set to counter those pro-union points of view, they would not be on this site posting. For those that post negative hypotheticals, if you don't know what I am talking about, you just made my point. This leads me to conclude that some are low paid administrators hired to advance the company's position.
Brother you are correct. This is a pro company/pro Hoffa website. All of the moderators are pro company and pro Hoffa. As a matter of fact this website was started by a retired UPS manager from California.

DSM515

The fact is every contract since 97' has gotten worse, and if you say any different drink some more Hoffa/Hall Kool-Aid. Local 89 stand your ground there are ALOT of people who are behind you!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Brother you are correct. This is a pro company/pro Hoffa website. All of the moderators are pro company and pro Hoffa. As a matter of fact this website was started by a retired UPS manager from California.

If you are referring to Brown Café you are mistaken. The site was founded by the daughter of a former UPS manager who is also married to a former UPS manager. You are right in that they live in California.

stink219

The fact is every contract since 97' has gotten worse, and if you say any different drink some more Hoffa/Hall Kool-Aid. Local 89 stand your ground there are ALOT of people who are behind you!
God help these kids! Another TDUer.

Why does every TDU defender never admit they are TDU supporters?

stink219

And they still allow communists and anti unionites like yourself to post.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I dissagree anyone can post here their opinions as long as they are respectful .The fact that a majority of posters are pro-Hoffa would suggest the general feeling of the overall UPS teamster population ( either that or general apathy) . Also I really do not see a pro company trend . With regard to L89 after reading about thier situation I believe they have some legitimate demands. I am willing to wait and give them my support.
PS I also feel after this latest contract debacle that the present Hoffa regime as it now stands will have a diffacult time in the next general election.hall will be a casualty of his own making.

Island

I am pretty startled at this thread. "TDU member" is not an insult, to claim that TDU members by nature have no spines or honesty is pretty much as illogical as you get, just the same as other group-vs-group epithets.
Vote that offer down. Make life better for Worldport employees. Get Teamsters driving the shuttles if at all possible. Get your hours fixed. Get your commute nonsense cut down to something reasonable, or get it written in as paid time. I will wait on my retro pay as long as it takes.
There have been rumors of decertification at 767. Frankly a lot of people are confused about what the local does for them, when they file and the union does the opposite thing the grievance requests. I can't really blame these people but I do understand that if the union were to evaporate, our working conditions would come down to me getting into fistfights with my management members, in other words my working conditions would be nonexistent because I would no longer have this job.
Unwatching this thread, I don't need to read all this hate and utter lack of reasoning when I have to deal with that on a daily basis at UPS.

Stonefish

I'm just curious why 89's leadership is fighting so hard for the air district employees and they didn't for the rest of the UPS members.
The shuttle problem was addressed with the first round.
Health care problem FZ is fighting for the air district members but the rest of the UPS employees he left high and dry. He is ok with them being in TeamCare.
The 250 full-time job number has changed. Again he is asking for them in the air district but left out the rest of his UPS members.
Subcontracting- has he ever filed a grievance over subcontracting???????? That could have fixed the problem.
Safety - again has a grievance been filed under Article 18????
6 hour pension - lets see he agrees to 6 hour jobs not full-time jobs 6 hour jobs. These are part-time jobs he agreed to with a part-time pension rate higher than the rest of the part-time employees in his local. If I was a part-timer in that local I would be upset with him for not getting me equal benefits.
If I were a full-time employee in that local I would be mad he is fighting for the air district employees and leaving me behind.
They are playing politics with Mr. Hall they have a vendetta against him and it is unfair to Mr. Hall, to their members and the other 240,000 other teamster jobs they are playing with.

Island can you tell me what you disagree with?????????????

Island

Island can you tell me what you disagree with?????????????
Your utter lack of logic, probably. Specifically you dismissed the contract proposals regarding subcontracting, stating
Subcontracting- has he ever filed a grievance over subcontracting???????? That could have fixed the problem.
This is very specifically a logical fallacy. If you had paid attention in high school maybe you could argue better. I'm not trying to hate on you, because I disagree with some of your opinions and agree with others, and I think you should not take my opinion so personally. Lucky charms are, like, totally lucky charms, brah

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
kirk.gif

Stonefish

So let me get this straight they have a 6 hour part-time employee why would Fred ever agree to that? Now he wants to blame the IBT? For that? Really? Stop it. Ask Them what kind of pension these 6 hour people get. See if you part-timers feel sorry for them then.

Again what do you disagree with Island? Just curious

Stonefish

Your utter lack of logic, probably. Specifically you dismissed the contract proposals regarding subcontracting, stating

This is very specifically a logical fallacy. If you had paid attention in high school maybe you could argue better. I'm not trying to hate on you, because I disagree with some of your opinions and agree with others, and I think you should not take my opinion so personally. Lucky charms are, like, totally lucky charms, brah

The question is have they ever filed a subcontracting grievance over the issue. The answer is no. I don't take your opinions personally I don't care if you hate I just wanted to know why you disagreed with me. My point is they could have fixed a few of their proposals through the grievance procedure had they filed one. Chill out brah. High skoool i now nothing of this hi skool you speak of.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I told you so is coming sooner than later and when it does I'm going to rub it in. Big time.
Another secret you're keeping? Just like how Fred makes demands and then changes them?
Give me a break you know nothing. And it shows in every post you make.

bigd

It's been 2 weeks of this nightmare in local 804 with no ending in sight.

Our executive board has no shame! No one has been fired or resign, our members in maspeth keep suffering with not knowing if they are going to have a job or not.

stink219

Another secret you're keeping? Just like how Fred makes demands and then changes them?
Give me a break you know nothing. And it shows in every post you make.
Trust me pal. It's coming. You'll find out eventually. Just sit tight.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
It's been 2 weeks of this nightmare in local 804 with no ending in sight.

Our executive board has no shame! No one has been fired or resign, our members in maspeth keep suffering with not knowing if they are going to have a job or not.
Why are you posting about an 804 issue that does not have anything to do with 89 on a 89 thread?