"Last, Best, and Final" offer sent to Local 89

DSM515

Stink219, I am not TDU first off, 23 year Teamster. Tell me how the contract HAS gotten better since 97'. progression has went from 1 to 4 years, part time wage is JUST now getting bumped from 8.50, my whole family was covered after 30 days not a year. I HAD great insurance and now who the heck knows how Team Care is gonna be. And the biggest problem I have now is how the International is so disconnected from the true working man and doesn't seem to give a rats *ss about its members.

Observer

Teamcare has everyone scared- we don't know what we will be getting. The changes that are already known are for the worse. It's too bad we weren't able to discuss and choose the insurance plan. This one we're going into is being forced on us. We must continue to back Local 89-having to wait for a shuttle must be a royal pain + some of the other issues a larger hub faces. I respect Local 89 as at least a lot of their members vote every time. They have solidarity in their local. Let's try and keep the topic on local 89 and not keep talking about other locals. Start a thread on the other ones. Too much griping about TDU - I appreciate their information - it has been helpful - no nothing is perfect - but is anything anymore?

Delivered

Hopefully 89 holds their ground

Attachments

• 89.jpg
    89.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 124

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Local 89 gets ballots shipped out on Friday and the count isn't until the end of April. That has zero chance of passing. Western Pennsylvania and Philly Metro voted it down 3 times and there's no word of when they will vote. But it's very expected that it will go down, unless they are guaranteed they won't go into GarbageCARE.

LagunaBrown

I will defend TDU when I think they need defending. And I will support TDU when I think they need supporting.
But I am not TDU.

This sounds like someone that does not show up to membership meetings and runs for trustee on the reform slate against the our local.

Inductive reasoning......If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

Anonymous 12

Non active member
This sounds like someone that does not show up to membership meetings and runs for trustee on the reform slate against the our local.

Inductive reasoning......If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)
You hit the nail on the head with this post. I bet realbrown1 supports right to work.

stink219

I will defend TDU when I think they need defending. And I will support TDU when I think they need supporting.
But I am not TDU.
Nope, of course not. You prove my point. The biggest TDU advocate is not TDU? Yet you rip and trash my union at every turn.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

O/C

Referencing "The Never ending story". The "Nothing" is heading your way. Greed and apathy worked in Ohio, expect fear with yours.

Sent using BrownCafe App