barnyard

KTM rider
but it turns out our ground trailers are the ones that are late.

We would have a 7:50 start time if it were not for air. FE ground is usually delivering in my neighborhood about the time I am leaving my house. The local regional still starts at 8a too, the same time the started 20 years ago.

When I started, we had a 7:50 start time. We had several drivers that delivered resis for an hour because their businesses were not open.

ManInBrown

We would have a 7:50 start time if it were not for air. FE ground is usually delivering in my neighborhood about the time I am leaving my house. The local regional still starts at 8a too, the same time the started 20 years ago.

When I started, we had a 7:50 start time. We had several drivers that delivered resis for an hour because their businesses were not open.
Nowadays even if we did start that early most of the time I can't access anything other than air. Truck bricked out. Even if I did want to buzz a whole neighborhood before starting airs I wouldn't be able to.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Yup. And they insist we run straight air until all are delivered. Can't even mix ground after 10:30. Been a complete sheetshow for a week or two. Then to top it off they've had air drivers shuttling out more air late morning. Those are done in trace.
Why can't you run air and ground after 1030. No difference if it is late 1 minute or 1 hour, late is late. No reason to make my day even longer if air is already late.

If I know air will be late due to late air shuttle, I del out of way air, notify center of late air then del rest of air within reasonable time but will del ground while finishing air

badpal

We have 2 shuttles bringing air. When we have late air, we at least have some of our air that we can deliver on time. Our 2nd shuttle has been 20ish minutes late most days. Sometimes we are held, sometimes we head out and have meets.
Next week, we are starting later every day to account for Amazon volume.
Yeah what happened to the rumor we losing Amazon, it seems we getting more and especially air in the last 3 months.

MendozaJ

It's easy to blame the preloaders, but I've got veterans that provide perfect loads by address on some routes, so when I leave the building at 1030, it's certainly not their fault.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
PT,

I'm not sure if you and I have the same division manager but we were told the same thing, but it turns out our ground trailers are the ones that are late. Our air has been pretty consistent on its arrival to our building. Its hasn't been late since we were told to expect delays and starting us 20 minutes later than normal, and that was two weeks ago now.

It's been a consistent circle of unpunctuality starting with bringing back pickup pieces after 8pm.
Usually every package car would hit the air trailer on time and have their trucks unloaded before 8, now some bring pieces by 845.
The hub is forced to start later now pushing the feeder drivers start times.
I remember when I was in preload, we only had to wait for Island City and a Meadowlands trailer.
Now it looks like 1/3 haven't arrived by preloads start time, with Amazon pushing the envelope on late trailers.

I did hear the UPS pilot's rumor as well but find it a little far fetched but plausible.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We have late airs at least 2-3 times a week and the center never seems to know about it until 20 mins. before the air shuttle is supposed to arrive. "Oh really? he's STILL at the airport?" Most of the time the plane is late.

By that time all the FT cover drivers are committed on routes for the day so they resort to using reg-temps, ORSs, the center manager, the janitors and Shanghaiing unlucky customers in the parking lot to shuttle airs. With all the distance we have to cover I don't get airs to my last driver until 12 noon.

ManInBrown

Why can't you run air and ground after 1030. No difference if it is late 1 minute or 1 hour, late is late. No reason to make my day even longer if air is already late.

If I know air will be late due to late air shuttle, I del out of way air, notify center of late air then del rest of air within reasonable time but will del ground while finishing air
Working as directed. I don't ask questions. I'm not paid to think. I agree with you. It's asinine.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
When I left in 2015, we had late air 3 to 4 days a week. They'd send us out, have us deliver a few stops, sometimes only one stop, then return to get the air.

The only advantage for drivers in this scenario, was that the air would actually be in EDD. Then, when they had shuttled pieces to us, which happened maybe once a week, they'd never even bother to put it in EDD and transmit it out. Just send the shuttle out and go back to watching cartoons again.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It's been a consistent circle of unpunctuality starting with bringing back pickup pieces after 8pm.
Usually every package car would hit the air trailer on time and have their trucks unloaded before 8, now some bring pieces by 845.
The hub is forced to start later now pushing the feeder drivers start times.
I remember when I was in preload, we only had to wait for Island City and a Meadowlands trailer.
Now it looks like 1/3 haven't arrived by preloads start time, with Amazon pushing the envelope on late trailers.

I did hear the UPS pilot's rumor as well but find it a little far fetched but plausible.
A friend of mine that works in feeders told me that there are trailers at the closest Amazon hub that don't leave til the exact pull time to our building. So if it's two hours away, and start time is 8:30, they don't leave til 6:30. This way people can order from Amazon til the very last possible minute and still receive their package same day.