DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
A friend of mine that works in feeders told me that there are trailers at the closest Amazon hub that don't leave til the exact pull time to our building. So if it's two hours away, and start time is 8:30, they don't leave til 6:30. This way people can order from Amazon til the very last possible minute and still receive their package same day.
Outrageously stupid.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A friend of mine that works in feeders told me that there are trailers at the closest Amazon hub that don't leave til the exact pull time to our building. So if it's two hours away, and start time is 8:30, they don't leave til 6:30. This way people can order from Amazon til the very last possible minute and still receive their package same day.
I don't doubt it.
We have a new distribution center a couple towns over and they have definitely taken advantage of the situation.

rod

Retired 22 years
We always had late air 3 out of 5 days---and that was back when most of ours had noon commits.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We start at 8am and have our air shuttled out to us at our center. Friday they didn't leave the building with our air until 11:30, so literally all commits were late. On top of that, we got a second plane that landed at 12:40. Why even send the stupid plane when it's THAT late!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have late airs at least 2-3 times a week and the center never seems to know about it until 20 mins. before the air shuttle is supposed to arrive. "Oh really? he's STILL at the airport?" Most of the time the plane is late.

By that time all the FT cover drivers are committed on routes for the day so they resort to using reg-temps, ORSs, the center manager, the janitors and Shanghaiing unlucky customers in the parking lot to shuttle airs. With all the distance we have to cover I don't get airs to my last driver until 12 noon.
I worked an air operation this week. The planes weren't that much later than normal but our cans are normally one of the first off the second plane and middle of the pack first plane. Now both cans have been the last two off second plane.

Then the plan is just unload them as fast possible with no regard for how they'll get loaded. I was shutting the belt off after it running 10 feet all day. They had 4 unloaders compared to one guy per truck scanning and loading. All happening over 30 ft of belt.

Complete :censored2: show all week

Johney

I worked an air operation this week. The planes weren't that much later than normal but our cans are normally one of the first off the second plane and middle of the pack first plane. Now both cans have been the last two off second plane.

Then the plan is just unload them as fast possible with no regard for how they'll get loaded. I was shutting the belt off after it running 10 feet all day. They had 4 unloaders compared to one guy per truck scanning and loading. All happening over 30 ft of belt.

Complete :censored2: show all week
Isn't can placement on the plane done by weight?