There is language concerning health and safety.... if you feel fatigued you can just say you feel fatigued and consider your self a hazard, thus you can't work.

I was very sick at a certain period this year and I don't know if they didn't believe me or what, and I even worked sick enough to have to run out back and puke a few times. Eventually they started progressive discipline for missed. I had such a hard time breathing that I quit smoking.

I called my BA and said my doctors notes for pneumonia, a sinus infection and the flu weren't good enough for them. My steward and I sat down with management and all of the days were changed from missed. Back in my day we used to thank people in manual labor for working through bad health shjt even if it meant a day or two for a bit. All absences for the doctor notes time period were removed, concluded it was unsafe for me to work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

11am, start time was 930, drivers standing around for final air around 1015, easier to keep the fleet until it comes than have them come back at noon.

Start time of 9:45, they would send the city drivers out and have us come back after and hour or so for our air, they would shuttle the air to the outlying drivers.

The part that pissed most of us off was being forced to go back out and help other drivers after running our entire routes. For the most part they would give us a "heads up" with an ODS but there were nights that we could come back in only to be told to go meet so and so and take 25 stops or so off of them. Last night they tried to pull that on me and I told them that I was going home and would see them in the morning.

We were all told that we had to report for 1030 this morning. We did not receive our Louisville air until very late in the day yesterday and were also missing a ground load so we will all be sent out to clean up what is left.

We did have a driver "bang in" yesterday which pissed off both the PDS and the drivers that he was forced to cut the work to. One of the unwritten rules is that you don't "bang in" on the last day of Peak (or any day during Peak for that matter) unless you are missing a limb or barfing up a lung.

Man I was hurting so bad today, I got a minor injury not long ago and it's been worse and worse and today reared its ugly head about 7h before we finally left. Hours on hours I was just dragging and nursing and wiggling in bricked out trucks around snowy bags and iced rollers. FML paid by the hour but I worked a slow steady union pace. Was the only day all peak it was all I had to give. Had to keep telling myself I'd never forgive myself and it'd be held over my head forever. No one likes a quitter especially me.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Start time of 9:45, they would send the city drivers out and have us come back after and hour or so for our air, they would shuttle the air to the outlying drivers.

The part that :censored2: most of us off was being forced to go back out and help other drivers after running our entire routes. For the most part they would give us a "heads up" with an ODS but there were nights that we could come back in only to be told to go meet so and so and take 25 stops or so off of them. Last night they tried to pull that on me and I told them that I was going home and would see them in the morning.

We were all told that we had to report for 1030 this morning. We did not receive our Louisville air until very late in the day yesterday and were also missing a ground load so we will all be sent out to clean up what is left.

We did have a driver "bang in" yesterday which :censored2: off both the PDS and the drivers that he was forced to cut the work to. One of the unwritten rules is that you don't "bang in" on the last day of Peak (or any day during Peak for that matter) unless you are missing a limb or barfing up a lung.
Cool story Skippy.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

The part that :censored2: most of us off was being forced to go back out and help other drivers after running our entire routes. For the most part they would give us a "heads up" with an ODS but there were nights that we could come back in only to be told to go meet so and so and take 25 stops or so off of them. Last night they tried to pull that on me and I told them that I was going home and would see them in the morning.

We did have a driver "bang in" yesterday which :censored2: off both the PDS and the drivers that he was forced to cut the work to. One of the unwritten rules is that you don't "bang in" on the last day of Peak (or any day during Peak for that matter) unless you are missing a limb or barfing up a lung.
I "banged out" the last two days on FMLA. Poor planning and/or staffing on managements part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

542thruNthru

We had 3 drivers call in on Thursday and 2 on Friday. All were because of family things they didn't want to miss. center manager was furious and none of the drivers cared. They did make every driver close to them deliver their air. Other then that the routes sat because everyone is too full. I'm guessing you guys go out with lighter loads then most if they can add more work to your route during peak.

If drivers want to call out during peak I don't believe it upsets anyone other then management here.