Letter writing campaign...

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
thank you to all those who are choosing to help even the playing field. I wrote mine and I felt good about it.

if you don't, go work for fedex. This isn't a management vs. union debate. Move along if you think it is that. Also, i wish I got free 25 minutes at $20 per hour to write the letter. i did mine at home on Sunday.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Although I'm obviously in support of a letter-writing campaign, I don't like the "mandatory" tactics. That sounds like something FedEx would pull..not UPS. Besides, I thought they were taking the high road in this skirmish. Making me write a letter with a gun to my head would certainly piss me off too. Do it of your own free will.

bigtoe1111

i wrote mine. ups wouldn't spend that kind of $$$ if there weren't a pot o gold at the end of the rainbow. and i see a big plus in having more p500 to p1200 type truck drivers working their fannies off. unionized also. its the possibility of more rank and file negative opinions of representation. and it was voluntary. i know of one whom refused. no biggie.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

This is pathetic. People are crying about writing a letter when they are getting paid for it (if they actually chose to participate) and it could actually affect all of our futures? Stubborn isn't a good enough word to describe it. I was willing to do it on my own time but I'll take the pay instead.

Voluntary. Yes. I also viewed the supervisor's notes on this issue/assignment, and it said she is to record everyone specifically who refuses to write a letter. Who knows what this type of information could be used for by the unions some day down the road. They are also not letting us seal our own envelopes...they are making copies for the 2 senators' offices and copies for our "file". Wow. Like a little communist regime...but hey, check out our new country dictator....it fits.

The only plus side of all of this is to finally see an admission from company and teamsters alike that being unionized IS A DISADVANTAGE(of course the company knows it already). Because we screwed ourselves/UPS, now we have to fight to have congressmen/women change laws in order of detriment to other companies to "level the playing field". That's the propagandist's way of saying that UPS is on a lower level because of the unions and we need to bring the competition down to our level, which is where WE put ourselves through unionizing btw.

Yay! Now we can doom both companies instead of just our own!

And don't come at me with employee protection and evil corporate meany-heads, etc. etc. Employee protection/rights could have come about in a much smarter manner long ago.

The example given on the sup's sheet is that when we strike or are about to strike, FedEx steals our business by using the selling point that the customer needn't worry about them striking, as it is illegal for them to do....wow....somehow this is FedEx's fault?

We should all learn from GM and their downfall. And not the already re-written history. The real reason GM went under. Remember this folks, with no UPS, there is no ups union!

I will be writing the letter tomorrow, because i fear the reprocussions of not doing so in the near or distant future, but i have already called and spoken to my senators and told them what is going on and that it is not going on without intimidation so many of the letters are meaningless to them and should be. I told them to do the right thing for freedom and capitalism, not dirty unions.

Seems a bit fishy to me (although, I wouldn't be too upset if this was true :happy2:). What kind of supervisor would be so sloppy and careless??? I didn't think they existed...:knockedout:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I wrote my letters on Sunday off the clock. Oh well. 2 guys turned them in written in crayon. Supe said although not appropriate it was kinda funny.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
And back on topic:

First, I think it's a great idea to write your Senators about this. Fedex is spending a lot of money on this, time to respond!

Second....They're gonna PAY us to do it?!??!? Woohooooo!!!!!

I've already emailed my Senators, and each Senator on the Commerce Committee, but a sup asked me yesterday to come in early today to write, so I'm happy to do it.

This sup also said no-one HAS to do it. But how can you NOT want to do this? The situation is so unfair to our company, it needs to be rectified. And all those Fedex lies on that bailout site make me sooooo mad...

Relax, sit down, and start writing!

Our PCM this morning was identical to what you just said. We can if we choose to, will get paid for it and they will mail them. Works for me.

FedEX 4 Life

You fraggs are lucky to be getting paid to write a useless letter.This seems like a lame comeback to the situation.Fred is spending millions campaigning,starting rumors and propaganda,but now UPS strikes back!Tells everyone to write a dumb letter lol.
UPS is really turning up the heat!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Nobody knows about Cap n Trade? BUt yet when hearings were held to determine steroid abuse in baseball, everyone knew.

Wait until their electric bill goes up 90%, then they will know. It'l be too late though.

d

upsgrunt

You ********* are lucky to be getting paid to write a useless letter.This seems like a lame comeback to the situation.Fred is spending millions campaigning,starting rumors and propaganda,but now UPS strikes back!Tells everyone to write a dumb letter lol.
UPS is really turning up the heat!!!

You're a real piece of work- You're mother must be so proud!