Letter writing campaign...

truebrownchic

For those of you who do not believe....go to brownbailout.com...That is FEDEX's spin.
Why would you not support this? Put aside the petty things that upset you--want the company to stay viable--WRITE THE LETTER!

JonFrum

yeah...we have some real bright minds at our center. this morning at our pcm I mentioned that we should also tell our senators that we are concerned about the Cap and Trade bill as well and the whole building went silent. I immediately knew why...I asked for a show of hands from everyone who knew what I was talking about...lol...1 hand went up..
Cap and Trade
Cap and Gown
Captain Crunch
The Captain & Tennille

Its all so confusing.:knockedout:

They are forcing us to write letters at our UPS center. I have not been instructed to write one yet, but frankly I'm not very happy with UPS's actions. There have been several people who did not want to write a letter and they were then threatened because they were not following managements orders.

I am totally in favor of HR 915 passing, and I have already wrote my Senators on my own asking for the passage of the bill. However I do not like the idea of UPS telling us we have to write the letters. It is illegal. UPS cannot make us write up political letters against our will, evidently they have not heard of the First Amendment.

I would have no problem doing a letter writing campaign for UPS if they asked us if we wanted to participate, instead they are trying to bully us into writing the letters and that is not right.

stopcomplete

I also declined to participate,If my sup cared enough to ask why i would have told him that i wrote my letters weeks ago,long before any pcm.But he didnt ask, im sure hell make up his own reason and put it on file.

P

pickup

Cap and Trade
Cap and Gown
Captain Crunch
The Captain & Tennille

Its all so confusing.:knockedout:

Jon, you must have pulled that out of the ether because it had me thinking as well. I'll just add Captain Caveman and Kaptain Kool to the mix

nervIS

My System Manager told us "this is not an optional activity." I wrote the letters and still feel dirty.

.44 per stamp. 4 letters per employee. Probably 250,000 employees writing letters. 1 million letters = $440,000 in postage.

I hope we bought some forever stamps.

This is a USPS Bailout. Stop the madness!!!!!

nervIS

They are forcing us to write letters at our UPS center. I have not been instructed to write one yet, but frankly I'm not very happy with UPS's actions. There have been several people who did not want to write a letter and they were then threatened because they were not following managements orders.

I am totally in favor of HR 915 passing, and I have already wrote my Senators on my own asking for the passage of the bill. However I do not like the idea of UPS telling us we have to write the letters. It is illegal. UPS cannot make us write up political letters against our will, evidently they have not heard of the First Amendment.

I would have no problem doing a letter writing campaign for UPS if they asked us if we wanted to participate, instead they are trying to bully us into writing the letters and that is not right.

If I wasn't treated like a 2nd grader; being put in a conference room and watched while I write the letters, I would have participated with glee.

I agree with everything you said except for the part about the first amendment.

The constitution protects citizens from the government, not from private companies.

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
In our center it is an option but they are really pushing for everyone to take partr in this. I gladly wrote mine 25 mins on the clock for sitting in an airconditioned office no prob... Oh yeah I would have wrote them even if we werent getting paid for it but I will gladly accept the pay.

pretzel_man

My System Manager told us "this is not an optional activity." I wrote the letters and still feel dirty.

.44 per stamp. 4 letters per employee. Probably 250,000 employees writing letters. 1 million letters = $440,000 in postage.

I hope we bought some forever stamps.

This is a USPS Bailout. Stop the madness!!!!!

Are you a management person? If so, I strongly question your comments...

While this is oficially an optional activity, I told the management people that report to me that I absolutely expect 100% participtation.

P-Man

airbusfxr

Today in SDF a crew was pulled from an aircraft and asked to write the letter. Now We have been without a contract for 4 years and if this passes UPS will try to put the drivers in with pilots and mechanics, LIKE FDX, and you will sit for 4 or 5 years with no way to strike. UPS wants to keep you like the pilots and mechanics and sit for 4 or 5 years and work without a raise or benefit enhancement. The only letter I will write is to Hoffa about NO CONTRACT for 4 years, NO RAISE, NO NOTHING.

sano

Today in SDF a crew was pulled from an aircraft and asked to write the letter. Now We have been without a contract for 4 years and if this passes UPS will try to put the drivers in with pilots and mechanics, LIKE FDX, and you will sit for 4 or 5 years with no way to strike. UPS wants to keep you like the pilots and mechanics and sit for 4 or 5 years and work without a raise or benefit enhancement. The only letter I will write is to Hoffa about NO CONTRACT for 4 years, NO RAISE, NO NOTHING.
How much do mechanics make?

FedEX 4 Life

Amen to that!Instead of writing a letter crying about competition,how about writing a letter about issues already at hand?

Also,I cannot confirm this but a UPS guy on my route said that a driver was suspended today for refusing to write the letter.
Very lame if true.

nervIS

Are you a management person? If so, I strongly question your comments...

While this is oficially an optional activity, I told the management people that report to me that I absolutely expect 100% participtation.

P-Man

I am a management person. I have spoken with my System Manager and I have given the e-mail to my HR Rep. Thats about all I can do. I await my QPR.