Observer

Our hub has been hiring a lot of people over the last year. It's a revolving door and always has been. Now there are more workers who have felonies that we have to work around. Some of them are trouble makers and moved from dept. to dept.
My situation is this: I went to help at the end of the night a group that was needing assistance. We are instructed to do this. The one person told me that he didn't like me and to never work with him again or he will harm myself and my family and anyone else around. I took this as a threat to bodily harm. This person has gotten into other altercations with other workers where the supervisor had to break it up. This person is hostile to a lot of us-management is looking the other way. What remedy do I have other than calling the 800 number? I don't want any retaliation from this person as the supervisors in our hub spread everyone's personal information around (such as our address). Do I have a leg to stand on? If I get the union involved will they back me? Is this more of a complaint to EEOC? ALSO, don't tell me to "man up" - I've had to put up with a lot of stuff and now I'm having to deal with this. Would appreciate any sincere answers to a very sticky situation. I'm just trying to go to work and provide for my family and make it home safely.

johnny_hotdog

If management is doing nothing and this person if threatening bodily harm to you and your family and you truly feel threatened maybe you should contact the police. It would be hard for management to ignore this then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy.gif

ResetSouthBelt

Wow any supervisor that gave out my personal info would be sitting in front of HR explaining themselves....As far as your coworker go to HR and start documenting it

whatever's clever

Can they fire the threatening employee without competing the hurdles associated with just cause? I don't understand this. Harassment/threats are not included as dishargeable offenses in the supplement. Those are the drug possession/drunkedness/dishonesty/unauthorized passengers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY against workplace violence and this includes threats.
Drop the dime.
I still don't understand what "zero tolerance" really means

because we had a shop steward threaten to kill a supervisor by cutting his/her throat, with witnesses, and they still had a job.

I guess "zero tolerance" only applies to certain people, so it shouldn't be called zero tolerance. :)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

because we had a shop steward threaten to kill a supervisor by cutting his/her throat, with witnesses, and they still had a job.

I guess "zero tolerance" only applies to certain people, so it shouldn't be called zero tolerance. :)
My Dad had "zero tolerance" for backtalk...Wack!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

So glad I'm outa there!