Preload Pay - 2018 Contract (On Topic)

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just cuz you chose truck driving as a career doesn't entitle you to anything more than a preloader
Im not bashing truck driving as a career it just isn't for some people. Preloaders/sorters yes are part time but still deserve a decent hourly wage thats all i was saying.

We chose to work FULL TIME for a better living.
The same opportunity is given to each and every PART TIME employee as you gain seniority.
If you CHOOSE to stay part time, then don't complain that the Full Timers (who commited) are getting all the attention.
Every winter, there are thousands of seasonal employees who would kill to have your PT permanent job so they can get one of our jobs.

PS - Your FREE HEALTHCARE is worth more money than you obviously think.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sometimes the job only subsidies your transportation cost to get you to the job.
We can't keep new employees to last through first break and you want them to last 90 days? After 30 days they are being offered a PT sup position.

If people leave because of the starting pay or it's too hard, then they don't deserve to work here. The longer you work here, the more well off you'll be.

Why people fixate on a starting pay rate is astounding to me !!

Minimum wage job with no benefits and you think PT should join the Union and pay dues. Why?

Why would the Teamsters care what non-union part timers make in a right-to-work state ????
If you all want to make a difference, you join the union and make your voice heard.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
In a few years ups is going to have a shortage of drivers because they have no part time ranks. It is already happening in numerous places, every year tons,of seasonal drivers get hired. You think the majority of those people care about the union. Ups needs to hire part time wages based on the fact they need a workforce.

Jkloc420

Also speaking of the last contract, it was voted down twice. Only for are union to push it through. What good is a vote if it rammed through anyways

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
the healthcare isnt that important anymore. Most get it for free or are covered until 26 on their parents. They have to wait a year to get it also.
the point is nobody wants to work at ups,making 12 bucks when mcdonalds pays the same doing less work

?????
Really ????
As much as this company has it's faults, UPS wants employees who want to be here for the long haul.
People who want to be here long term are better employees and respect what a career here can give you.
If you're worried about how much you START at, go somewhere else. We don't want you.
Some college graduates intern (GET PAID NOTHING) to work at the big places with great opportunities.

UPS shouldn't be raising starting pay because Millennials think they deserve 20 bucks/hr to work hard.

Jkloc420

?????
Really ????
As much as this company has it's faults, UPS wants employees who want to be here for the long haul.
People who want to be here long term are better employees and respect what a career here can give you.
If you're worried about how much you START at, go somewhere else. We don't want you.

UPS shouldn't be raising starting pay because Millennials think they deserve 20 bucks/hr to work hard.
i make 21.09, and if ups want quality workers it needs to raise rates. When i was hired you got healthcare after 30 days, that attracted a better worker

?????
Really ????

I disagree with you on this. They want a disposable part time work force. They want them to stick around for a year or so, before they get benefits or paid time off. Maybe not the preloaders but the unskilled jobs.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
i make 21.09, and if ups want quality workers it needs to raise rates. When i was hired you got healthcare after 30 days, that attracted a better worker

Why are people beating on the door every peak season to stay ???
PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER

I'll do it for you, Opportunity here to better your life exceeds the starting pay !!!!

Jkloc420

Ups knows a strike hurts the drivers more then it does part timers. It is why ups gots the union by the balls

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I disagree with you on this. They want a disposable part time work force. They want them to stick around for a year or so, before they get benefits or paid time off. Maybe not the preloaders but the unskilled jobs.

Trust me, HR doesn't want turnover as much as you think.
They need a disposable part time work force at peak, but still have to have a steady roster of people.

Jkloc420

Why are people beating on the door every peak season to stay ???
PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER

I'll do it for you, Opportunity here to better your life exceeds the starting pay !!!!
Maybe seasonal drivers, but i have seen a ton on both sides quitting in recent years.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Ups knows a strike hurts the drivers more then it does part timers. It is why ups gots the union by the balls
UPS doesn't have anyone by the balls.
After this past peak and Trump's corporate tax cuts, UPS knows they are coming to the table in a very undesirable position.

Last edited: