Preload Pay - 2018 Contract (On Topic)

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS doesn't have anyone by the balls.
After this past peak and Trump's corporate tax cuts, UPS knows they are coming to the table in an undesirable position.
I agree about the corporate rate tax, i hope are union demands a lot but fair. Might be the first time i can vote yes on a contract

Jkloc420

I remember when i first started and ups was ranked in the top 50 or 100 compaines to work for, will they arent even on that list anymore

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's all about money. Maybe HR doesn't want a high turnover but corporate does.

Possibly, but if you've been here long enough, you've proven yourself dependable and a good worker.
Career part timers are probably not what they want, but the system makes it feasible.

A part timer and a full timer get the same health insurance.
I think this displeases UPS more than anything which pushed the 1 year eligibility.

Possibly, but if you've been here long enough, you've proven yourself dependable and a good worker.
Career part timers are probably not what they want, but the system makes it feasible.

A part timer and a full timer get the same health insurance.
I think this displeases UPS more than anything which pushed the 1 year eligibility.
Their benefits are more than what most of them make.

Jkloc420

The only thing i will say is full timers and part timers shouldnt be fighting back and forth with each other. Raising wages is a good thing and we know ups gots the money

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I remember when i first started and ups was ranked in the top 50 or 100 compaines to work for, will they arent even on that list anymore
Because other places are paying more and offering more hours.

Just want to thank you guys for disagreeing and still having a constructive debate.
This UPS Union forum should act more like this and stop getting a bad rap.

giphy.gif

Jkloc420

We never get a raise. Yes we make more money but we actually never get a raise. I get a 3% raise and get 5% more work.
a qualit worker stays for better benefits. Ups is a hard job on both sides, some can do it, some cant. I stay because it is 4 hours at 21 dollars in hour. It goes fast and im done in no time. However i can handle that. Plus the dental which is a big plus. I dont really use the medical

a qualit worker stays for better benefits. Ups is a hard job on both sides, some can do it, some cant. I stay because it is 4 hours at 21 dollars in hour. It goes fast and im done in no time. However i can handle that. Plus the dental which is a big plus. I dont really use the medical
The insurance is the main reason why mist stay. Also the pension is another. Some career part timers make more in retirement, than they did working.

Jkloc420

im hoping we get a raise, obviously and some kind of 401k contributions based on years of service. Also a bump in starting part timers to 15 with a freeze for a year