Promotion Possibility? (New Hire)

Dr.Brownz

Stay union and get a good union position. The contract says they have to take your age and physical condition into account. Be smart and you can become a driver with the easiest route in the building if you know how to play the game.

UPSER061

Stay union and get a good union position. The contract says they have to take your age and physical condition into account. Be smart and you can become a driver with the easiest route in the building if you know how to play the game.
I don't see a physically intense job in my future. A lot of you want to be drivers for the pay and union. Neither of the two is something I want or need. I'm looking to move on to the management side to either move up in the company or have an awesome resume if I decide to move on and work in my degree field. I wasn't asking for anyone's advise on my career but thanks for the input.

wayfair

swollen member
I don't see a physically intense job in my future. A lot of you want to be drivers for the pay and union. Neither of the two is something I want or need. I'm looking to move on to the management side to either move up in the company or have an awesome resume if I decide to move on and work in my degree field. I wasn't asking for anyone's advise on my career but thanks for the input.

ok, thread over, you've made up your mind.... bye felecia!

dudebro

My mind was made up before anyone commented. Was looking for promotion timelines but byee :peaceful:
In all honesty, a PT supervisor job is not something you even have to wait 6 months for. If I were you I'd go to PT sup, and from there, let people know your situation. Typically a person has to prove themselves at that level for a while though, maybe a year, before getting a FT offer. Your timeline doesn't seem to have that flexibility. I think you'll be job hunting in May. Good luck.