Promotion Possibility? (New Hire)

Re-Raise

Well all I can add is that these center managers and division managers have to be coming from somewhere. And it sure as hell isn't from the driver ranks, so it might be that women are being promoted from part-time sup positions.

haller

I don't see a physically intense job in my future. A lot of you want to be drivers for the pay and union. Neither of the two is something I want or need. I'm looking to move on to the management side to either move up in the company or have an awesome resume if I decide to move on and work in my degree field. I wasn't asking for anyone's advise on my career but thanks for the input.

If i was your dad, i'd sign your ass over to the army. Wouldn't even consider the Marines for you. Good luck working in HR (if you stay ups) giving tours and lying to people on a daily basis.

Last edited:

UPSER061

If i was your dad, i'd sign your ass over to the army. Wouldn't even consider the Marines for you. Good luck working in HR (if you stay ups) giving tours and lying to people on a daily basis.
Well luckily my dad thinks the key to success is education and forced me to go to college cause I know I wouldn't make it a day in the army :thumbup:

Dr.Brownz

I don't see a physically intense job in my future. A lot of you want to be drivers for the pay and union. Neither of the two is something I want or need. I'm looking to move on to the management side to either move up in the company or have an awesome resume if I decide to move on and work in my degree field. I wasn't asking for anyone's advise on my career but thanks for the input.

Management and HR may not be a physical job but your integrity and self respect will go down the toilet. Unless you are a sociopath then you should do really good.

When you reach that point when employees are laughing at you when you tell them to do their job faster maybe you will understand why. They think you are a joke because YOU THE MANAGER can't do the job but will insist it can be done faster or better. This is where a sociopath manager would start looking to set the employee up to be fired for some BS reason. Then in 6 months when they come back with 6 months of back pay, the manger will be fired for costing the company that much money. Good luck.

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
Well all I can add is that these center managers and division managers have to be coming from somewhere. And it sure as hell isn't from the driver ranks, so it might be that women are being promoted from part-time sup positions.
They are coming from the streets and how bad they are trained they think they know everything

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
I am a minority. Not gay though. You guys seem to have a lot of jokes so I'm not sure if you're being serious or not haha. But anyways the majority seem to be giving me positive info so hopefully a FT position is in my future :happy2:
Welcome to BC you can get both in here. But there is definitely a wealth of information and knowledge on here.

Good luck

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Just focus on education, find a UPS job outside of a hub, and eventually not have to touch a single peice of cardboard lol