Promotion Possibility? (New Hire)

Mr. Marshall

If you are getting a college degree why would you settle for a part time job making $20,000 a year where you will either be forced to live with your folks or get a second job?

UPSER061

If you are getting a college degree why would you settle for a part time job making $20,000 a year where you will either be forced to live with your folks or get a second job?
That's why I asked if they promote before 6 months of employment. I was was planning on leaving after I graduate. Just wanted the supervisor position on my resume to be honest

AlliSeeisBrown

I can understand the resume part, but if that's the sole purpose, at least be with the company for a year. Any employment under 6-8mo can be left out of a resume more or less because it can actually make it look worse in some cases.

When I first applied and interviewed for PT PH with UPS they immediately offered me a PT supe spot. I was taken back for various reasons. I appreciated the offer but told them I cant lead a group of people without knowing a single thing about the operation. Told him I would get back with him once I learned more and my performance was up to par. What am I doing now? Driving. Didn't fall for it.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Take a look at the degree required jobs at UPS should they be in your desired field. You are not only limited to loading trucks or delivering boxes. I'm not saying working in a hub is bad, as it is a foot into the company. Just know you have more options with the company

UPSER061

I can understand the resume part, but if that's the sole purpose, at least be with the company for a year. Any employment under 6-8mo can be left out of a resume more or less because it can actually make it look worse in some cases.

When I first applied and interviewed for PT PH with UPS they immediately offered me a PT supe spot. I was taken back for various reasons. I appreciated the offer but told them I cant lead a group of people without knowing a single thing about the operation. Told him I would get back with him once I learned more and my performance was up to par. What am I doing now? Driving. Didn't fall for it.
Trust me, I know.

UPSER061

Take a look at the degree required jobs at UPS should they be in your desired field. You are not only limited to loading trucks or delivering boxes. I'm not saying working in a hub is bad, as it is a foot into the company. Just know you have more options with the company
Will do :thumbup: