Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Every route had 260+ stops with commercials. 2 of our drivers had 8hr days. 5 call ins. Personally can’t wait to see how many missed we can bring back lol
Give me 260 and I would work 13 hours with about 80 missed. Maybe more than that due to the jamming factor.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We've had Saturday ground for almost a year. There are many missed each Saturday. I'm not sure if they are sheeted that way or just brought back and put in a pile for Monday. Lots of bulk never even goes out for Saturday delivery. It seems like they just tell whoever shows up to do the best they can. Lots of preload no shows for Saturday also.
My money is on "put in a pile". Lol, no missed here, nothing to see...

bumped

They will never change the culture, the only thing that has changed is there bonus checks. If management where to bleed it would be green for all the money they want to make out of so little. I hope things do change but I will put my money on not, in fact I would leverage everything on things getting worse for staffing in the future. Even with peak so messed up, money was good hence things will stay the same or progress to less staff.

The culture is starting to change. UPS isn't saying anything about the newbies tattoos. New employees are coming in with neck tattoos and those large earring stretched earlobes.

bumped

I blame the $10/hr wage for PT and the 4 year progression for the reason nobody wants to work here anymore.

Wage progression has been around a long time, and maybe $10 is hurting some for PT. I see young people wanting to be off on Friday after their shift. Friends are going on weekend vacations whether its to other friends colleges or weekends just away. Preloaders just can't do that anymore.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Union brothers , are hoodies allowed or not allowed at your center?..this always turns into an issue in the winter months....

MotownBrown

You gotta cover your face and head when it drops below 0, it becomes a matter of survival at that point. Nobody said anything about by fashion choices yesterday, but we get a new center manager Monday so we'll see how it is then. Think it just depends on the managers personality or the ideas running through his or her bosses heads.

Attachments

• IMG_20180105_115246574.jpg
    IMG_20180105_115246574.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 228

PT Car Washer

You gotta cover your face and head when it drops below 0, it becomes a matter of survival at that point. Nobody said anything about by fashion choices yesterday, but we get a new center manager Monday so we'll see how it is then. Think it just depends on the managers personality or the ideas running through his or her bosses heads.
Had many customers comment about the wimpy little jackets UPS gives us to wear. And that was before the temps hit zero and below. Don't know how some of the younger drivers can stand the cold without being non compliant.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Give me 260 and I would work 13 hours with about 80 missed. Maybe more than that due to the jamming factor.

Funny thing. This weekend we had over 200 Saturday airs coming in. The were asking for 17 drivers. I didn't feel like another day in an ice box. Nope!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had many customers comment about the wimpy little jackets UPS gives us to wear. And that was before the temps hit zero and below. Don't know how some of the younger drivers can stand the cold without being non compliant.

I have a vest, pullover and zip jackets, each with increasing amounts of cold protection. I have never felt the need to add a hoodie.

PT Car Washer

I have a vest, pullover and zip jackets, each with increasing amounts of cold protection. I have never felt the need to add a hoodie.
Staying warm is more tradition in that you use what works over the years. I have been using the same winter boots for over the last ten years that the Army initially issued me for deployment to Kosovo in 2005.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
When temperatures are below 10 degrees I keep my truck running for a few stops at a time. Luckily our supervisors are understanding and would rather you keep your battery charged in your truck than silly little rules. Telematics means nothing when it’s dangerous artic temperatures outside , SAFETY IS FIRST