TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Ok.. explain this to me how the :censored2: are we going to keep customers if we can't get the :censored2:ing air here on time!!
we aren't for long

@TearsInRain - serious question have you ever been on a route by yourself for at least a week?? Don't read into this just seeking knowledge here buddy!
yes

I don't know if your right or not. I'll just say its a big deal when I sheets a package missed during the week. I get asked why? what? who? how? On Mondays, I see lots of packages in my car that had the Saturday pal label on it for out for delivery. No service cross. It seems like such a big deal during the week, but if they can't get to it on Saturdays SO BE IT.
depends on whether the center had emergency conditions that necessitated them not running a linked plan, or just had OE's blessing to put exceptions on everything

in my district the centers were running about 4 different operating plans, so it really depends on each building

247spies

I chose to work Tues - Sat in my center. I’m highest seniority by a massive margin. It’s actually not bad for an experienced driver. I do roughly my same area every just bigger on Saturday.

I think most people miss one important point.

Only Sat air packages are due on Saturday.

These ground packages are not missed even if you sheet them as such. Their commited date is Monday. If you sheet them they will get a corrective scan that they will be out for delivery on their commited day. The customers are getting premium service at no extra cost.
Also don’t worry about Saturday.
Sunday’s are coming soon, you’ll see in the next contract.

a911scanner

Is Saturday ground going to increase the need for new drivers, or just place backbreaking amounts of work onto the current drivers?

Saturday definitely increases he need for more drivers. But since Corporate & IE fail to realize this, the latter portion of your question is the reality. Because Orion doesn't calculate driving times properly, no matter what your ORS tells you.

Driver7906

Not to be an ass, but unless you are a PVD it's not really your truck is it?

:)

I know that it isn't my truck. That's why I let it roll off my back and kept enjoying my Saturday. I came to work today and it had a full tank and I appreciated that.

But I do reserve the right to be irritated that it wreaked of cigarettes whether it's my truck or not!

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Saturdays are actually enjoyable if the dispatches werent terrible. More driving, no biz and less traffic. But getting 250 stops between 5 weekday routes and off at 10pm is bull:censored2:. Not sure if understaffed or corporate people just dont care what time we get back without pickups involved. I guess both.
I have biz, mall and pickups on my sat route and it isnt so bad. Lots of miles between stops though.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
At our center the Saturday ground packages that are sent are committed and need to be sheeted, every last package, just like any other delivery day.

Actually what Upstate said is true in the case of my center. We come back with piles of :censored2: and are told not to sheet it. Granted, our Saturday ground was a December phenomenon and we have yet to move to full-time.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We are going to Saturday Ground next month and I'm certain it will be the same giant Clusterphuc in our building that it has been everywhere else.I DO enjoy telling the preload supes and the ORS' to get used to working 6 days a week for a 5 day salary .good times,good times

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
We are going to Saturday Ground next month and I'm certain it will be the same giant Clusterphuc in our building that it has been everywhere else. I DO enjoy telling the preload supes and the ORS' to get used to working 6 days a week for a 5 day salary .good times,good times
they go to 5 day work weeks, not 6

minus the first couple weeks of implementation that is

PT Car Washer

We are going to Saturday Ground next month and I'm certain it will be the same giant Clusterphuc in our building that it has been everywhere else.I DO enjoy telling the preload supes and the ORS' to get used to working 6 days a week for a 5 day salary .good times,good times
Enjoy the 12 to 14 hour days and delivering to areas you have never been to before. After 6 months Saturday Ground has not gotten any better and is just dragging Saturday Air down with it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
they go to 5 day work weeks, not 6

minus the first couple weeks of implementation that is
In the Atlanta,Forest Park and Roswell buildings the supes are working 6 days a week every week and have been since Saturday Ground was implemented last year . Things may be different in your Region or District but in mine it's rather brutal on Management.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Enjoy the 12 to 14 hour days and delivering to areas you have never been to before. After 6 months Saturday Ground has not gotten any better and is just dragging Saturday Air down with it.
I won;t have to work Saturdays as I have enough seniority to avoid it.I do relish the thought of my route being cut Monday and being sent blind on an area I don;t know. It will be a long day for me and a terrible day for management

PT Car Washer

I won;t have to work Saturdays as I have enough seniority to avoid it.I do relish the thought of my route being cut Monday and being sent blind on an area I don;t know. It will be a long day for me and a terrible day for management
Make all the new drivers work Saturday. The ones that only know their training route.

JL 0513

I chose to work Tues - Sat in my center. I’m highest seniority by a massive margin. It’s actually not bad for an experienced driver. I do roughly my same area every just bigger on Saturday.

I think most people miss one important point.

Only Sat air packages are due on Saturday.

These ground packages are not missed even if you sheet them as such. Their commited date is Monday. If you sheet them they will get a corrective scan that they will be out for delivery on their commited day. The customers are getting premium service at no extra cost.
Also don’t worry about Saturday.
Sunday’s are coming soon, you’ll see in the next contract.

Are you just instructed to not scan undeliverable packages? When we do Saturday ground during peak, this is the case because we are running "Monday's plan". So no exceptions allowed. For those centers that have implemented full time Saturday ground, is it operated the same way, as an "unofficial delivery day"? The negative result is no credit for attempted deliveries.

lolbr

Only ground commercial don't get scanned, but those shouldn't be on your truck if dispatch is set up correctly. It may take a couple weeks for those addresses to get flagged as commercial in the system. Mondays routes are mostly sorted at the same time as Saturdays routes here (except Monday air or trailers that don't arrive soon enough for Saturday).