Buddah

Long story short I am currently working as a seasonal delivery driver helper. The position entails a $200 weekly and $500 seasonal attendance bonus. I just received a notice for jury duty which would be during peak season when I would most likely be called. I am working on deferring my jury duty but if that is not accepted will UPS withhold the bonus? the agreement states that if i miss a day for any reason It will be forfeited. Anyone know the info about jury duty and bonuses? thanks

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Helpers are in short supply this year and any that miss work would put a strain on the operation.

Missing any days would most likely result in you being removed from their list.

Helpers are in short supply. They need all the help they can get. Jury duty isn’t a sick call, it’s an obligation, I don’t see them punishing the OP for that.

That being said, OP should defer it. Go to work and don’t leave it to chance.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Helpers are in short supply. They need all the help they can get. Jury duty isn’t a sick call, it’s an obligation, I don’t see them punishing the OP for that.

That being said, OP should defer it. Go to work and don’t leave it to chance.
he will just be passed over

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

nothing against him, just the way ups works. Jury duty isnt his fault but you know how ups works

It's not that-----as a driver, you want to have the same helper throughout Peak-----the last thing you want to do is train one only to have him/her not show up and you have to train another one.

I am lucky this year in that my helper is an insider; in fact, his father was my helper years ago (yes, I am that damn old). He is a good kid and I am looking forward to a good Peak.

Jkloc420

It's not that-----as a driver, you want to have the same helper throughout Peak-----the last thing you want to do is train one only to have him/her not show up and you have to train another one.

I am lucky this year in that my helper is an insider; in fact, his father was my helper years ago (yes, I am that damn old). He is a good kid and I am looking forward to a good Peak.
i agree, just saying nothing the guy can do with jury duty, but hope they dont need him

Jkloc420

speaking of which we dont get any bonus at are center for anything

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
nothing against him, just the way ups works. Jury duty isnt his fault but you know how ups works

Totally. Where I’m at though, nobody gets “passed over”...we literally need all the helpers we can get and very few drivers keep the same helper throughout peak because attendance is so bad

JackStraw

Call the courthouse, tell them you will be away on vacation that week, and set up another week or day. Enjoy your 2 months at UPS. Remember, any envelopes taped to the door that say UPS Man on them do not mean you.