rod

Retired 22 years
Long story short I am currently working as a seasonal delivery driver helper. The position entails a $200 weekly and $500 seasonal attendance bonus. I just received a notice for jury duty which would be during peak season when I would most likely be called. I am working on deferring my jury duty but if that is not accepted will UPS withhold the bonus? the agreement states that if i miss a day for any reason It will be forfeited. Anyone know the info about jury duty and bonuses? thanks

Call the Clerk of Courts office and explain your predicament. Ask to be deferred to another session. They usually run from Jan. to Mar.---April to June---July to Sept and Oct to Dec. Around here they want happy jurors --not pissed off ones.

Buddah

Thanks for the information guys and gals. I send a pretty well thought out letter to defer the jury duty. The job is seasonal but i plan on busting ass showing up every day and getting the bonus end of story. I'm pretty sure they will approve the deferral.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Thanks for the information guys and gals. I send a pretty well thought out letter to defer the jury duty. The job is seasonal but i plan on busting ass showing up every day and getting the bonus end of story. I'm pretty sure they will approve the deferral.
Did you throw a couple N words and draw a few swastikas on the letter for good measure?

Gear

Parts on Order

I just recently delayed my jury duty. It was suppose to be next week, now its in January. The notice I received in the mail said I could write a letter or just go online to defer it. I did it online and clicked the vacation box. It was that simple.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was called for jury duty during peak, I called the clerk of courts and they moved my service to February and March. Was called for 1 trial and we left right after the clerk gave us our instruction. The judge came in, thanked us for our service and said, "You can use your stipend for anything you want, we are not calling your employer to tell them you got done early."
I jumped up and said, "Hookers and blow."
He looked my way and said, "Not that." and laughed.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I was called for jury duty during peak, I called the clerk of courts and they moved my service to February and March. Was called for 1 trial and we left right after the clerk gave us our instruction. The judge came in, thanked us for our service and said, "You can use your stipend for anything you want, we are not calling your employer to tell them you got done early."
Why would you want to get out of jury duty during peak? I’d hope for a long murder trial

clean hairy

I wonder if being sequestered is all bad?
For one, you get to order whatever you want off the menu?
"I'll take the Lobster and Steak, along with a bottle of your finest wine, and this nice expensive Dessert"
A couple of hours later, call Room Service for a Pizza because you are hungry.
If they allow watching TV, hit every pay Cable Channel you can find.
After all, they want to coop you up in a hotel room, they have to pay!
Oh, and for breakfast, a nice T-Bone Steak and eggs Breakfast!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had jury duty for a week once. They kept the jurors together for lunch and drove us around to various restaurants in a big van. If I remember, we were allowed $25.00/meal. (this was probably 20 years ago) Coincidentally, most meals around the courthouse was around $24.99. lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I got a jury summons last week, and in the little pamphlet that comes with the summons, it says you can reschedule 2 times, as long as it's within 6 months of the original court date. Your rules may vary.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are not allowed to keep the stipend and receive jury duty pay.

You are required to notify your mgt team if you are released from jury duty early. It is up to them if they either release you or ask you to come in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wonder if being sequestered is all bad?
For one, you get to order whatever you want off the menu?
"I'll take the Lobster and Steak, along with a bottle of your finest wine, and this nice expensive Dessert"
A couple of hours later, call Room Service for a Pizza because you are hungry.
If they allow watching TV, hit every pay Cable Channel you can find.
After all, they want to coop you up in a hotel room, they have to pay!
Oh, and for breakfast, a nice T-Bone Steak and eggs Breakfast!

Uh......no.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Feeders did things a little different. Sometimes they would deduct the $6.00 jury duty pay from your check, sometimes they would ask for the check, and sometimes they didn't do either. The way my hours worked, I got 2 days off for jury duty,even if I wasn't chosen. I didn't mind exchanging $12.00 for 16 hours of doubles pay.

barnyard

KTM rider
Why would you want to get out of jury duty during peak? I’d hope for a long murder trial
For the most part, my bosses are good to me during the year. I get all my 8 hour requests, most of the days off that I request and all that. Peak is when they need me to do the job they hired me for, so I do it. My boss asked me to see about delaying jury duty, so I did.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
For the most part, my bosses are good to me during the year. I get all my 8 hour requests, most of the days off that I request and all that. Peak is when they need me to do the job they hired me for, so I do it. My boss asked me to see about delaying jury duty, so I did.
Your job is to do a fair days work for a fair days pay...doesn’t say anything about being crapped on for two months due to a lack of planning every single year.