Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You guys crack me up, I got jury duty 3 days last week, $25 a day on a “Courtcard” Mastercard loaded daily. Got picked for a domestic family violence case, took less than 10mins to find him guilty.

Pro tip: If you’re ever in jail and you make outgoing calls, listen to when the lady says “All calls are recorded and monitored” and then go and admit to everything you’re on trial for to your victim.

Pro tip #2 Asking for a jury trial for being caught with less than 1oz of weed and expired tags representing yourself, try not to look like you smoke weed daily and ask questions during voir dire that have nothing to do with the selection process.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You are not allowed to keep the stipend and receive jury duty pay.

You are required to notify your mgt team if you are released from jury duty early. It is up to them if they either release you or ask you to come in.
Wrong

It is clearly laid out about both compensation and if you are required to come back to the building in Article 29.

In reference to any pay received from the court.

For any regularly scheduled work- day in which time off for such jury service is granted, the full-time employee shall be paid his/her guarantee and the part-time employ- ee shall receive four (4) hours’ pay at his/her straight-time hourly rate, less any amount received as a jury duty fee if such fees are defined as wages under applicable laws.

In reference to returning to work if released early.

Employees who are scheduled to work a day shift shall not be required to report for work on any day he/she is required to report for jury duty unless released from jury duty not less than six (6) hours prior to the end of his/her regularly scheduled shift, in which event he/she will be allowed two (2) hours from the time he/she is released from jury duty to report and work the remainder of his/her regularly scheduled shift.
Employees scheduled to work any shift other than the day shift shall not be required to report to work on any day he/she is required to report for jury duty unless he/she has been released from jury duty not less than four (4) hours prior to the start time of his/her regular shift and provided further he/she would complete such shift not less than ten (10) hours prior to the time he/she is required to report for jury duty the next/following day. Notwithstanding the above, no employee, working other than a day shift, will be required to report to work on a night if he or she has served jury duty that day and that service prevents him or her from reporting for work. An employ- ee’s schedule will be adjusted by the Employer when possible to avoid a situation in which the employee otherwise misses more than one day of work for any day of jury duty.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
You are not allowed to keep the stipend and receive jury duty pay.

You are required to notify your mgt team if you are released from jury duty early. It is up to them if they either release you or ask you to come in.

First time I was on jury duty I got to keep EVERYTHING. Mileage, jury pay and days wages. Second time UPS kept the jury duty pay but I kept the mileage and days wages. Both times if we got dismissed from jury duty early I disappeared for the day. UPS never told me to check in with them. You would think by now you would have learned that all UPS doesn't operate like it does in the BOG.