krisacross666

I'm curious why (what should be a newly acquired feeder run) would then get a bid posted in our center as a TDP/Package car job. We've never had TDP jobs in our center yet they've been cutting Feeder runs left & right? Why would they not assign this new business to Feeders?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
76jJ0Q.gif

ManInBrown

They always worry about the wrong numbers

Maybe one day they will figure it out.
We have a few pickups in my center that they refuse to move the work to feeder. Every night they have to send the cavalry to do these 2 pickups. They brick multiple package cars. And the drivers in those loops don’t punch out till 8:30 every night. Nine five grievances filed every week. Idiots. Tripping over a dollar to pick up a penny.

All because they don’t want to lose the credit for the pickup like Frigid said.

We have a few pickups in my center that they refuse to move the work to feeder. Every night they have to send the cavalry to do these 2 pickups. They brick multiple package cars. And the drivers in those loops don’t punch out till 8:30 every night. Nine five grievances filed every week. Idiots. Tripping over a dollar to pick up a penny.
Because if they give it to feeders your center doesn't get credit for it.
It's a freaking joke

barnyard

KTM rider
If it were not for the goofy accounting, my building would have 3 FT daytime feeder jobs. We have 2 guys that start early, deliver bricked out p1000s to a single bulk stop, come back, get another p1000 with the rest of their day (and there is always more volume in those cars to be delivered to the bulk stop.

some believe it's a further attempt to chip away at the feeder dept by having pkg drivers doing our work.

But, if it is being delivered with a tractor and trailer, the driver has to be feeder qualified, correct? and if that is the case, only a feeder qualified driver could sign the bid.

barnyard

KTM rider
My building has to routinely send out a package car with bulk for a stop because we do not have another trailer to deliver out of. We also have other drivers that routinely have late air because it is buried in volume that used to be delivered in a trailer, but the center makes more money if it is in a package car.

Johney

We have 2 TDP runs both are feeder drivers on our seniority list and bid in the feeder dept, but are dispatched by the package centers and are done with DIADS and they both show on the package drivers ops report.