The new plan,pt do p1

Serf

And what does that tell you?

I’m sticking with my pt pm route. I know it, I have enough time in the day to work extra and I stay with my present manager.
They gave me choices to do a reg ft day rt, mid route or heavy pickup route. I chose the heavy pickup route.

HedleyLamarr

Here it is early March and still not one word about this from station management, but they are insisting we take the SFA early this year. They want us all to have it done by Friday. I wonder why that could be?

Stat41

Here it is early March and still not one word about this from station management, but they are insisting we take the SFA early this year. They want us all to have it done by Friday. I wonder why that could be?
My senior says we start the program April 1. I'm not taking the SFA. I believe its worthless and corrupt.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were given a pamphlet by our Managing Director that had all the SFA questions in it. The way they are written now is so vague I don’t know why they even bother at all. They’re almost non-questions.

SmithBarney

My manager is telling people not to take the SFA if they aren't going to give good scores - "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all."
The best thing you can do to "hurt" your manager is to not take the SFA, imagine a manager gets zero SFA scores, hellfire rains down on them for not being able to "convince" their workgroup to take it.

El Morado Diablo

The best thing you can do to "hurt" your manager is to not take the SFA, imagine a manager gets zero SFA scores, hellfire rains down on them for not being able to "convince" their workgroup to take it.

If I had to guess 30-40% of the people at my station didn't take the SFA last year. Most of them were senior employees. All of the new employees were urged to take it and gave good scores. We never had a follow-up meeting.

HedleyLamarr

We were given a pamphlet by our Managing Director that had all the SFA questions in it. The way they are written now is so vague I don’t know why they even bother at all. They’re almost non-questions.
The first question regarding management is ridiculous. They don't specify between station managers and Memphis higher ups at all. "Do you trust management to make the right decisions?" or something like that. Which managers? Decisions to benefit whom?

Also, I asked the evening manager why we haven't been told about the 2 sort business here, and she told me it is because it won't effect us. We have too many extended routes, so they are not planning on making those changes here. Time will tell.

Last edited:

McFeely

Huge Member
Also, I asked the evening manager why we haven't been told about the 2 sort business here, and she told me it is because it won't effect us. We have too many extended routes, so they are not planning on making those changes here. Time will tell.

From everything I've heard, the extended routes part is true. My station has P1 areas of 10:30, 12:00, and 16:30 and the only zips that are affected in my station are the 10:30 ones. Our extended areas will get all their freight in the morning sort.

Hopefully your station isn't affected by this program.

outtatime

That trope is as old as this board itself.
I've never understood why some people over a certain age think every change is really about "getting rid" of them. It seems like it's always the ones who milk the :censored2: out of the clock and/or are slow AF. You know the ones, they get exactly 11 hours a day no matter if they have 80 stops or 120. And will still try to dump some off on the neighboring route.