The new plan,pt do p1

!Retired!

you'd think so... but hiring is taking place, vehicles are on order, and rentals stand by... FedEx loves to spend money.
If they start he new plan the way our SM explained it to us, I could do another 10 years. If not, I'm probably out, or at least PT, just to keep my benefits, in 4-5

fedx

Extra Large Package
Yawn... no point posting about this here. I tried to warn them months ago. Most don’t think it’s coming to their station lol. A LOT of managers are lying to their employees about it. Gonna be a shock for everyone. Including the idiots that thought it up... because it’s undoubtably going to hurt the company. But oh well. I imagine there will be quiet a few posts on here mid April titled Lost my route to part timer and Forced to go 2nd shift.

This is indeed coming in April. It's been confirmed by multiple managers that I've talked to. So, you can change shifts voluntarily or you can quit and get unemployment. Yes, you can get unemployment if there is a significant change in hours such as changing your shift from mornings to afternoons. If you don't want to work 2nd shift, I'd quit and milk the unemployment for as many months as you can.

NC man

We start April 1 supposedly. According to what we were told most of us FT will still come in early run p1 and p2 that shows up.how many mid day rates I have no idea. Also the late p2 will be in same areas we are in so double dipping, makes no sense to me. I can have p2 in neighborhood and the midday have it too.but what do I know,lol.

vantexan

We start April 1 supposedly. According to what we were told most of us FT will still come in early run p1 and p2 that shows up.how many mid day rates I have no idea. Also the late p2 will be in same areas we are in so double dipping, makes no sense to me. I can have p2 in neighborhood and the midday have it too.but what do I know,lol.
Will be interesting to see if they get OT under control and if that leads to resumption of step raises.

Gone fishin

We’re the same. FT times will still be the same coming in early. We have no new trucks or people. We’re a smaller station close to Indianapolis so we won’t be affected

fatboy33

The only way this all makes sense is the company may be getting HUGE tax cuts for hiring new people. 3 to for 4 people to do one area makes no sense otherwise.

MassWineGuy

I spoke with my senior manager today. Changes start the end of March and will affect Tuesday-Friday ops. Indy will only handle P2 and multi-day freight. I know there will be some 11 to 7 routes. Also some noon to five.

It’s tempting, but I like my 3 to 8:30-ish pickup route. Plus, my manager is the best I’ve ever worked with and I’d have to switch managers.

We barely have enough vehicles now. I look forward to seeing the smooth transition.

fatboy33

I spoke with my senior manager today. Changes start the end of March and will affect Tuesday-Friday ops. Indy will only handle P2 and multi-day freight. I know there will be some 11 to 7 routes. Also some noon to five.

It’s tempting, but I like my 3 to 8:30-ish pickup route. Plus, my manager is the best I’ve ever worked with and I’d have to switch managers.

We barely have enough vehicles now. I look forward to seeing the smooth transition.
Expect to see a fleet of rentals coming to your station. I can't see the company buying trucks, in the event this doesn't work as planned. Hopefully your station is Huge. Those trucks will need to be parked somewhere lol.

NC man

Will be interesting to see if they get OT under control and if that leads to resumption of step raises.
I assume the reason is to cut back OT but I can see the mid day rte being too spread out and needing del or pup help which means OT. Might be a mid day rte per loop? That’s big area for my loop.will they do pt upgrades to get enough people on mid day routes? They have not explained exactly how this is gonna work.

MassWineGuy

We have a lot of space to park rentals.

Taking a mid day route would make it more difficult to get any extra hours working mornings. And I definitely don’t want to work Saturdays.

Stat41

What makes you think that?
Good question Dano. I think its going to hurt the company because the program is just too complex. Its kind of like a relay race with too many batons being passed and they are all difference shapes. Many of them will be dropped.

NC man

So if your station has started already were mid day routes posted for bidding? Did they see if pt wanted to go ft for midday route.we have not been told how the mid day rates would be filled or how many there would be.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I assume the reason is to cut back OT but I can see the mid day rte being too spread out and needing del or pup help which means OT. Might be a mid day rte per loop? That’s big area for my loop.will they do pt upgrades to get enough people on mid day routes? They have not explained exactly how this is gonna work.
Everything that can be diverted to ground will be

Star B

White Lightening
Expect to see a fleet of rentals coming to your station. I can't see the company buying trucks, in the event this doesn't work as planned. Hopefully your station is Huge. Those trucks will need to be parked somewhere lol.
They should. I've been in a rental for over a year now.

SmithBarney

This is indeed coming in April. It's been confirmed by multiple managers that I've talked to. So, you can change shifts voluntarily or you can quit and get unemployment. Yes, you can get unemployment if there is a significant change in hours such as changing your shift from mornings to afternoons. If you don't want to work 2nd shift, I'd quit and milk the unemployment for as many months as you can.
Your manager lied, they want you to quit, so you can be replaced with lower wage employees, they'll fight your unemployment and win. let them fire you first.