The new plan,pt do p1

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Good question Dano. I think its going to hurt the company because the program is just too complex. Its kind of like a relay race with too many batons being passed and they are all difference shapes. Many of them will be dropped.

It's not as complex as some are making it out to be; everything in this kind of operation is complex, especially one of this scope and size. The company is going to save a ridiculous amount of money if the backend efficiency gains get anywhere close to their goal. The company isn't changing what it does, it's changing some aspects of the way it does it.

Stat41

It's not as complex as some are making it out to be; everything in this kind of operation is complex, especially one of this scope and size. The company is going to save a ridiculous amount of money if the backend efficiency gains get anywhere close to their goal. The company isn't changing what it does, it's changing some aspects of the way it does it.
You could be right. Time will tell. But I am skeptical to the nth degree.

Aquaman

Like I’ve told you before.. why do hourly employees stay here? It’s not pay. Taking 25 years to top out isn’t competitive with UPS. Is it benefits? Not anymore. Lifers stay for full time morning routes that get off early. That’s it. The company offers nothing else anymore. Take away those routes and it’s going to hurt the company. Period. This will become a college kids job.

vantexan

Like I’ve told you before.. why do hourly employees stay here? It’s not pay. Taking 25 years to top out isn’t competitive with UPS. Is it benefits? Not anymore. Lifers stay for full time morning routes that get off early. That’s it. The company offers nothing else anymore. Take away those routes and it’s going to hurt the company. Period. This will become a college kids job.
The ones who are topped out make decent pay and usually have worked into better routes. If they're in their 50's, and these days most topped out people are, or older, they aren't about to start over elsewhere.

The last station I was at there was a lot of frustration about pay. The new pay plan had just come in and there was an unhappy with pay ten year guy who was placed on step 2. He seemed ok with that but I imagine with the company playing games again he's not so happy now. When you're in your 30's with small kids you need better pay.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Your manager lied, they want you to quit, so you can be replaced with lower wage employees, they'll fight your unemployment and win. let them fire you first.

Yea, most states if you quit unemployment is gone.

Unless your employer substantially changes your hours or pay. Call your local unemployment office and ask them. I know people who have quit and gotten unemployment in the past.

zeev

The whole reason for the switch is to push older full time day employees out the door. P1 and P2 together makes sense not P2 and pickups.

Stat41

The whole reason for the switch is to push older full time day employees out the door. P1 and P2 together makes sense not P2 and pickups.
I have thought the same thing. If the majority of the employees negatively affected are older, then that could leave Fedex open to an EEOC age discrimination charge or civil lawsuits. Buy popcorn. Lots of it. Not making sense has never stopped Fedex before. Just look at the Dyslexic Route Assignment program.

dezguy

I have thought the same thing. If the majority of the employees negatively affected are older, then that could leave Fedex open to an EEOC age discrimination charge or civil lawsuits. Buy popcorn. Lots of it. Not making sense has never stopped Fedex before. Just look at the Dyslexic Route Assignment program.
Changing start times would not hold up in court as an age discrimination case.

NC man

If anyone’s station has started this already, how did they fill the mid day routes. Bidding process? Seniority? etc.

McFeely

Huge Member
They bid the new mid-day routes at my station but nobody bid on them. So they’re all going to people off the street.

McFeely

Huge Member
Also, all of the current FT P1/P2 drivers are keeping their position and relative schedule. Route boundaries will change for a lot of our routes though.

chris45

If anyone’s station has started this already, how did they fill the mid day routes. Bidding process? Seniority? etc.
They've been hiring non stop since around November/December for mid day. Some of our pm people are doing it but the majority have been off the street

McFeely

Huge Member
We have about 50 FT del routes ,if you guys are similar how many mid day routes did they need ?

Cant really say because my station is a different size than yours and we have quite a few areas that are not included in the RESPONSE program.

Also? I don’t think our engineer knows how many mid-day routes and/or stops it will create. If our engineer doesn’t have good data to build off of, the results are going to be abysmal for a while. Our engineer can’t do his job correctly even with good data, so there is that.

zeev

I talked to an attorney in my area who told me FedEx already has a multitude of age discrimination cases against it.

MassWineGuy

They bid the new mid-day routes at my station but nobody bid on them. So they’re all going to people off the street.

And what does that tell you?

I’m sticking with my pt pm route. I know it, I have enough time in the day to work extra and I stay with my present manager.

NC man

Cant really say because my station is a different size than yours and we have quite a few areas that are not included in the RESPONSE program.

Also? I don’t think our engineer knows how many mid-day routes and/or stops it will create. If our engineer doesn’t have good data to build off of, the results are going to be abysmal for a while. Our engineer can’t do his job correctly even with good data, so there is that.
Yea, our engineer not the best either