The new plan,pt do p1

Stat41

Kind of off-topic but can any of you tell me what was the criteria Fedex used to force AM couriers to change shifts to afternoon/evening at your location? There has got to be a policy about this but my station just forced people regardless of seniority, lack of seniority, or anything.

McFeely

Huge Member
Not a single AM driver at my station was changed at all. All of our AM drivers are still AM. I’m still FT and start with our first truck from the ramp.

We did have some mid-day routes created months ago for strictly P2 deliveries, but they now start at the Wave 2 time and not in the morning. They were all bid as Wave 2 routes when created though.

My station mgmt has been pretty up front about what they know and dislike about RESPONSE. Unfortunately, there’s a lot they can’t control at their level.

dezguy

Sad, but true. People want free shipping and think they’re supposed to get a premium service.
Love the people who order cat litter, online and then expect me to walk it into their house and put it away for them. They don't like it when I leave it on the end of their porch, give a wave and walk away.

vantexan

Love the people who order cat litter, online and then expect me to walk it into their house and put it away for them. They don't like it when I leave it on the end of their porch, give a wave and walk away.
I actually had a lady start screaming at me when I delivered her DirecTV box because I wouldn't stay and set it up for her. Refused to believe we don't do that.

dezguy

I actually had a lady start screaming at me when I delivered her DirecTV box because I wouldn't stay and set it up for her. Refused to believe we don't do that.
Yeeeeaaaars ago, we had a contract with Whirlpool, delivering parts for a huge warranty recall they had.

Delivered to one lady who flipped out when I got a signature from her and turned to leave. She was adamant Whirlpool said that I would also fix her dishwasher for her too.

vantexan

Yeeeeaaaars ago, we had a contract with Whirlpool, delivering parts for a huge warranty recall they had.

Delivered to one lady who flipped out when I got a signature from her and turned to leave. She was adamant Whirlpool said that I would also fix her dishwasher for her too.
Went to a prison for a pickup one time. Wasn't quite ready. Told them I couldn't wait after 10 minutes. One of the guards started yelling at me. Said my attitude was what was wrong with America. That people like me were killing the country. About that time guy brings crate out on forklift. I had the pleasure of telling them, just as nicely as I could, that Express doesn't accept anything over 150 lbs. That they have to tell call center it weighs 400 lbs so that our Heavyweight Service can pick it up. There almost 20 minutes at that point. The angry guard was three shades of red.

NC man

Not a single AM driver at my station was changed at all. All of our AM drivers are still AM. I’m still FT and start with our first truck from the ramp.

We did have some mid-day routes created months ago for strictly P2 deliveries, but they now start at the Wave 2 time and not in the morning. They were all bid as Wave 2 routes when created though.

My station mgmt has been pretty up front about what they know and dislike about RESPONSE. Unfortunately, there’s a lot they can’t control at their level.
Same here ,all am ft are still same and same rates. Pt and new hires were put on mid day rates. Did not even ask if anyone wanted to switch but not sure they were supposed to.
I’m fine, just soak up the OT and retire within a yr.If they somehow manage to fix this mess I will be glad to clock out at 1500 also.

McFeely

Huge Member
I’m fine, just soak up the OT and retire within a yr.If they somehow manage to fix this mess I will be glad to clock out at 1500 also.

I’m still a ways from retiring, aiming for 55 y/o if I can hold on. Staying with Express for now because of my route and seniority...we’ll see what happens in the next bit.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Same here ,all am ft are still same and same rates. Pt and new hires were put on mid day rates. Did not even ask if anyone wanted to switch but not sure they were supposed to.
Same thing at my station.

MassWineGuy

Went to a prison for a pickup one time. Wasn't quite ready. Told them I couldn't wait after 10 minutes. One of the guards started yelling at me. Said my attitude was what was wrong with America. That people like me were killing the country. About that time guy brings crate out on forklift. I had the pleasure of telling them, just as nicely as I could, that Express doesn't accept anything over 150 lbs. That they have to tell call center it weighs 400 lbs so that our Heavyweight Service can pick it up. There almost 20 minutes at that point. The angry guard was three shades of red.

I can certainly relate to how very difficult it must have been for you to tell them no. I haven’t had anyone ask me to unpack or assemble anything.

SmithBarney

I really think he’s involved in this somehow.
I doubt he's important enough to be involved... (he might think he is) any manager or upper management or someone presumably in a position higher than courier, wouldn't even bother coming to a site like this... he's probably a former OPS mgr demoted to CRR, who has just enough connections to have a little information to make it seem like he knows what's going on.

Aquaman

One of the many problems with putting this plan into action is staffing. You can’t do this plan understaffed. And from what I can tell, the whole company is really struggling in the hiring dept.. This plan will further plummet morale and make hiring even harder. Very few people at this company are happy. New hires figure that out pretty quick and leave.

whenIgetthere

Had an on call on the sixth floor of an office building once, no dock. On call said 1 pkg, 1 lb. It was a large crate. I asked them if it was 150 lb, they said oh no, it's 300 lb. Told them to call Freight, they were not happy.

MassWineGuy

I stopped at an on call and had about 20 minutes to get to another stop before it closed. I park in front of a three story apartment building. No names posted. I think I had to call. A young woman comes downstairs to let me in.

“Do you have a cart? I have lots of stuff.” I did not. All the while we’re walking to the third floor. I ask, and of course, there’s no elevator. I’m thinking about how I could do this without missing my soon to close stop.

As I walk into her apartment I see many large boxes all over. But I also see that most are not taped up or labeled. “Is everything ready to go?” I ask. She says no and asks the best thing possible: “Can you wait?” I politely and quickly explained that I couldn’t and made it to the next stop.

Fergus Mahoney

An hour and a half of waiting on this bull:censored2: with no update since noon. How long will this go on? No way this would happen if the payroll came out of the :censored2:bag's checking account that thought this nightmare up. Must of got his business degree from Trump University.