The new plan,pt do p1

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I know I’m about to blow your mind here... but have you ever thought maybe it’s because other people were told the same information....🤯
What a coincidence that all these other people just happened to make the exact same posts, word-for-word, across multiple forums!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Are you so consumed with being an apologetic for FedEx that you monitor all social media for any reference to FedEx?

Is THAT your job?
I'm a member of one of the FB groups for FedEx employees. I saw it there before I saw it here. Saw it here and googled it and it showed a Reddit post as well.

Spending 30 seconds on a Google search isn't that consuming.

MassWineGuy

Managers are having a big conference call next week about this. I really don’t want to start doing am shifts for P1s. But we’ll see.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I sure hope so. I’m tired of ten hour days and running my butt off. Nobody wants to work around here and haven’t been fully staffed in what seems like years.
Fred and his henchmen think couriers are a team of race horses. They couldn't make it through a 10 hour shift doing manual labor if their lives depended on it. Walking around and acting important is more their style.

Aquaman

Are you so consumed with being an apologetic for FedEx that you monitor all social media for any reference to FedEx?

Is THAT your job?
Knowing this guy he probably does keep up with all the platforms FedEx is mentioned on. Kind of embarrassing considering I repeated what I heard in a meeting. And he tells me it’s been posted already everywhere... maybe take a break from the internet lol.

McFeely

Huge Member
Meeting Friday. No existing shift changes. Change will be placed by attrition

They mentioned that at my station a while back as well. Good to know the plan is "we know people will likely quit because of this and we're going to do it anyway".

Our mid-day people's schedules are supposed to be moved from a 0930 start time to 1300 when this starts. So a FT mid-day shift won't be done until 2100 or possibly later.

Gone fishin

They mentioned that at my station a while back as well. Good to know the plan is "we know people will likely quit because of this and we're going to do it anyway".

Our mid-day people's schedules are supposed to be moved from a 0930 start time to 1300 when this starts. So a FT mid-day shift won't be done until 2100 or possibly later.
I think it might be determined by the station’s location and the amount of routes. I think it fails regardless

vantexan

Should depend on your station's window. I've worked at stations where freight had to depart on the truck anywhere from 1800 to 1910, depending on station. Those stations ran 4X10's and 5X8's with the 4X10's doing most of the pickups. There was little OT unless you volunteered for Saturdays. This seems to be a big city issue where there's tons of freight and tons of corresponding OT in a long day. So they're trying to get a handle on OT. Would suck on two levels. Being forced to work later. And for those who count on OT to make up for lower pay having that taken away from them.

vantexan

The mid-days at my station will be out approximately 2 hours past our CTV pull, so they’ll have to drop any outbound as necessary.
If they're handing off freight to Ground will they still need to be out that late? That's scary, and unproductive. If a lot of freight goes to Ground you might be looking at 5X7's.