The new plan,pt do p1

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have to give it to my SM, he made everyone come in, and we had plenty of help. We went out with past freight, Saturdays and Mondays. I punched out at just under 6 hours And that was with a late start.

I saw someone had posted a video on the FedEx Facebook page of tons of freight left behind in their station, including pallets of flowers that didn’t even go on the road because their SM understaffed. It looked really ugly.

zeev

I have to give it to my SM, he made everyone come in, and we had plenty of help. We went out with past freight, Saturdays and Mondays. I punched out at just under 6 hours And that was with a late start.

I saw someone had posted a video on the FedEx Facebook page of tons of freight left behind in their station, including pallets of flowers that didn’t even go on the road because their SM understaffed. It looked really ugly.
Saw that video also I know the district director definitely one of his ideas to save money reduce overtime, service who cares.

whenIgetthere

All FT were forced to work here, only three FT not there are all less those with less than a year in.

McFeely

Huge Member
I luckily avoided the mandate list yesterday, but I’m curious how bad it was at my station. My loop partner got mandated, so I’m sure I’ll hear all about it when I go in tomorrow. My management team really tries their best to do things as fairly as possible, so hopefully it wasn’t too awful a day for those that did work.

!Retired!

So how many drove today and how was it?
My manager texted they had extra routes and if I could come in. If I didn't get screwed the whole week helping other routes, including an open route now covered with a guy that was a handler, I would have gone in.
Oddly enough, when we got in the managers were long gone. Morale is in the crapper.
Not so odd. That's par for the course.

Last edited:

Serf

With planes being so late since what seems like forever (except Monday). Doing a day route and getting home at 1830 sucks. Especially when you’ve been on the clock since 0615. Mid route at least allows 3-4 hrs of free time in the morning and you get home 1930.

Guitarman01

I was hired as a midday off the streets. It hasn't been too bad.
I average 30 to 40 stops per day, start around noon and am back around 8pm or 20:00.
With my last stop I can be 45 mins away from the station.
I do seem to cover alot of ground. Im guessing I cover multiple am routes as sort of a clean up crew.
I just plug all my stops into circuit and away I go.
The only issue is jumping around to get to some businesses on time and then having to double back.
I think as a whole our group is doing pretty good. We all know what we're doing.
Our manager also used to be a courier is that pretty common?

Last edited:

Fergus Mahoney

I average 30 to 40 stops per day, start around noon and am back around 8pm or 20:00.
I do seem to cover alot of ground. Im guessing I cover multiple am routes as sort of a clean up crew.
The only issue is jumping around to get to some businesses on time and then having to double back.
I think as a whole our group is doing pretty good. We all know what we're doing.
Sounds like you got good leadership in your station.

Nolimitz

5-6 stops an hour. How many miles are you driving?

Guitarman01

5-6 stops an hour. How many miles are you driving?
I havent really paid too close attention yet, but its easily over 100 miles just taking a straight shot through the cities and towns, (I cover about 8 or 9 of them) not including the stops themselves or double backing I have to do. It does get pretty rural. The most stops ive had so far was around 48. A guy a couple of trucks down from me prob averages in the 50s but hes in a tighter area.
We dont do any pickups because we wont be back in time for the last pull.
My biggest concern with the midday is winter/peak and being out in the dark for hours.
The summer is not so bad because you have plenty of daylight.
Another potential problem with the midday is if you get late freight or are heavy, you literally just run out of time and who wants to be delivering or receiving pkgs after 8pm?
I also dont know how I would even be doing this job without google maps or circuit.
I divide up my pkgs by town and thats it. We get no manifest or maps.
Leo is only good for the static pins it drops to show what your closest to, I believe the stop sequence is way off because we are covering multiple routes.

Last edited: