G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Some things take a little common sense but it would be nice if preloaders got some actual training that would help them learn. Some drivers just take the time because they know management won't. Bad news though then they move that well trained awesome preloader after the driver schooled him.
And that’s exactly why I don’t “train” the loaders. I seem be on the area of the belt where the land of new-hires and the helpless end up.

wayfair

swollen member
We have so many new people working for us. One of them that is next to me is a 90 lb 20 something girl. I walked by one of her trucks and it was almost empty. The driver was loading it all himself and you could see the blood pouring out of his eyes. But even some of the seasoned loaders don't always finish on time without drivers help.

If the driver was smart, he would show up at start time, NOT load, HAVE late air and let the situation fix itself.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If the driver was smart, he would show up at start time, NOT load, HAVE late air and let the situation fix itself.
Driver's here have been instructed not to code sort and load. 1 week it worked. next week driver's got smart and stopped loading their cars entirely, 100 pieces of late air each day. third week goes around and the sort and load embargo was lifted. On most days my buddies still have to load their own bags and the last 100 or so pieces. 10-30 minutes late every day.

Nobody is forcing you to stay and do a crappy job
They don't stay. Preload is a revolving door of new hires every week including the PT sups. Had a new girl at the beginning of Peak last year, loaded great everyday. Quit after a week. Next loader was a Liberian refugee who was doing great when I didn't have 10 misloads a day, forget about load quality.

A

Article 3

Driver's here have been instructed not to code sort and load. 1 week it worked. next week driver's got smart and stopped loading their cars entirely, 100 pieces of late air each day. third week goes around and the sort and load embargo was lifted. On most days my buddies still have to load their own bags and the last 100 or so pieces. 10-30 minutes late every day.
We code P60 in Other Work... not sort n load.
Seriously how hard is it to load packages in a Car designed to hold them?
"A" car. How about 4 P10s on metro routes. Come on back to work and show them how it is done. It's not hot in the building yet.
Nobody is forcing you to stay and do a crappy job
Ok Dave. No one is forcing you to stay on this forum since you retired either.

We had a new loader that thought this was the absolute best job and supervision in the world...

until she got injured loading a PC (twisted an ankle on the uneven bumper of a truck) and got her finger broken in the rear doors of a PC while delivering at peak.

She then realized that the employee was to blame for about everything when things go wrong. She's ready to move on. The shine has turned to corrosion in a matter of about 90 days.

twoweeled

Have you tried air driving yet? Easiest job at UPS. Many of us are in our 60's and still working everyday.
LOL! Working into your 60's? Yeech! Might be time to consider leaving. To me, bragging about driving into your 60's is like bragging about being sexually abused in County Jail.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I get close to 5 and its still not enough. Drivers don't seem to understand that preload is not given enough time to do a good job.
You can do a good enough job, but space is limited so when you gotta lay the pipes in aisle, they aren't fitting anywhere else. There's days when you could hardly smuggle a single mexican.