Brownbrigade1

You could say that again
iOS Image - 2837379166.png

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Last three days. Same preloader for over a year, and like this every day. He's been on preload for over 5 years and one of "the best" loaders on the line according to supervisors.
View attachment 184136 View attachment 184137 View attachment 184138
Honestly I don't want to believe it but you see some buddy-buddy that was hired with you jamming on his earbuds and you let the realization soak in that they are going to make the same :censored2:ty loads for as long as they work here.

lmfao the tote in the last photo.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Honestly I don't want to believe it but you see some buddy-buddy that was hired with you jamming on his earbuds and you let the realization soak in that they are going to make the same :censored2:ty loads for as long as they work here.

That's a box of live insects in there too LOL.

twoweeled

Last three days. Same preloader for over a year, and like this every day. He's been on preload for over 5 years and one of "the best" loaders on the line according to supervisors.
That loader doesn't give a crap if it's that way before you leave. Bottom line;
if the preloader is doing good time and driver is too, management sees no problem to correct. If the driver's over allowed is suffering because of a bad load, , , , , well now management has a problem to fix!
They will first try to fix the driver with repeated talks followed by harassment. When that fails, they'll go to the preloader. It'll take awhile though.

PT Car Washer

if the preloader is doing good time and driver is too, management sees no problem to correct. If the driver's over allowed is suffering because of a bad load, , , , , well now management has a problem to fix!
They will first try to fix the driver with repeated talks followed by harassment. When that fails, they'll go to the preloader. It'll take awhile though.
Management will simply move the preloader to a different set of package cars to load. Problem solved.

lolbr

The tote was my air.
Been there, done that. All I get is the supervisor telling me not to make preload look bad by having more then ten minutes of AM time.

I'm fine with it like this honestly. Getting 8 hours or less on dispatch plan to allow time to reload and backtrack.

Neutral

Coming from a preloader. I know how much it means to the drivers to have good loads. I have been hin for hin order for over a year now and constant walkways. In the hub I worked at, that isn’t ok. They pushed our start times back a lot and we have no where near enough time to load the cars. My supervisor literally throws packages into drivers cars and say “:censored2: the drivers, they signed up for it. My number is more important” and her advice to make me go faster is to “stop writing on package, put packages in less order, and never move a package when it’s in the car”

They do this to us constantly, care less and less about our quality and seeing some of the load quality pictures it’s just sad the company is only concerned for its own shift and not be shift after it.
We must have the same supervisor :) True, the lack of concern for quality is very sad

Neutral

Is it this way after you tear around the hills? I've never seen a load like this leave our hub except for bulk center right or left stops down the center which would be pulled out early then the truck would be better.

Neutral

It may not be the preloader that finished it like this. Last week I was told to walk away from my truck and have the supervisor finish bulking out. I could grieve that.

lolbr

Is it this way after you tear around the hills? I've never seen a load like this leave our hub except for bulk center right or left stops down the center which would be pulled out early then the truck would be better.
These pictures were taken while still at the hub. If you look at some of the other photos I've posted, they look the same. Some of those photos have the rear door open showing the preload cages behind the car.

twoweeled

It may not be the preloader that finished it like this. Last week I was told to walk away from my truck and have the supervisor finish bulking out. I could grieve that.
Yep! You are correct. Sups do that. Everybody punch out, and the sup will clean the slide. Gotta find out who's finishing it like that.

twoweeled

Coming from a preloader. I know how much it means to the drivers to have good loads. I have been hin for hin order for over a year now and constant walkways. In the hub I worked at, that isn’t ok. They pushed our start times back a lot and we have no where near enough time to load the cars. My supervisor literally throws packages into drivers cars and say “:censored2: the drivers, they signed up for it. My number is more important” and her advice to make me go faster is to “stop writing on package, put packages in less order, and never move a package when it’s in the car”

They do this to us constantly, care less and less about our quality and seeing some of the load quality pictures it’s just sad the company is only concerned for its own shift and not be shift after it.
This is the way of the company. It doesn't change. That is just another way of pitting hourly against hourly. Tough spot to be in. You probably see your drivers occasionally? Maybe at the time clock? Maybe just a quick word to him what the sup is telling you? Hopefully your driver will have some tact on how he handles it. I don't see this working out any other way except, you let the driver know, driver tells his sup that is why his over allowed is suffering. The sup tells the preloader's sup to take care of it. Your sup is going to be angry about it. Many sups are just like kids. That should/may stop it "for awhile". Management has been using the same playbook for 40 years at least. They'll revert back to it eventually. You do the same thing again! Now, if the driver is skipping breaks and running to make up for the over allowed and bad load, well the sup isn't going to push it with the load sup. The driver is getting what he deserves. If production is good, then there's nothing to fix! you do your thing, because that driver is doing his!! When drivers cut corners, run on the route, get in the truck early, skip breaks and shorten lunches, they are screwing everyone including other drivers to make themselves look good.

twoweeled

The tote was my air.
Been there, done that. All I get is the supervisor telling me not to make preload look bad by having more then ten minutes of AM time.

I'm fine with it like this honestly. Getting 8 hours or less on dispatch plan to allow time to reload and backtrack.
There's a bit more to this. I've always felt, you don't go to them - you wait till they come to you. If you're over allowed by and hour or more, they'll come to you (unless things have drastically changed). When they come to you, you let them know about the load. If they don't come to you and are okay with over an hour over allowed, well then ; I'm okay if you're okay!!!
Don't come bothering me, and I won't go bothering you! I have never found that to last long. If they aren't saying anything to you, then I say; leave it alone!