not.sneezy

the problem with most pre loaders in my building is that when a driver gives advice on how to load their package car, the loaders take it as an insult. Many of them don’t understand that the driver is trying to help them. When i started loading my set, my drivers came up to me and explained to me how to load their routes. ive never had a complaint yet and im pretty good friends with them now!

They treat me well, and I’ll treat them and their load 10x better. Nothing better than loading a pkg car with 360+ pieces and still being able to have an aisle down the middle of the truck.

PTPeanuts

the problem with most pre loaders in my building is that when a driver gives advice on how to load their package car, the loaders take it as an insult. Many of them don’t understand that the driver is trying to help them. When i started loading my set, my drivers came up to me and explained to me how to load their routes. ive never had a complaint yet and im pretty good friends with them now!

They treat me well, and I’ll treat them and their load 10x better. Nothing better than loading a pkg car with 360+ pieces and still being able to have an aisle down the middle of the truck.

I tried to accommodate my drivers' request but soon I realized that their "feedback" was really just a way for them to vent about all the :censored2: they have to deliver.
One day he wants FDL in RDL. The next day he comes in and wants FDL in FDL and his 3000 bulk stop in RDL.
It all depends on him coming in and deciding what he doesn't like the look of, and them telling me I should have read his mind before he was even there. I'm supposed to just "know" what's going to be worse to deliver and what's going to save him 5 steps. Some days I have to bite my tongue and stop myself from saying "Bro, all your :censored2: is light...."
From now on I just do what the dispatch sheet says until it is physically impossible.
60 lb bag of dog food on the 5000 shelf? You betcha.

I tried to accommodate my drivers' request but soon I realized that their "feedback" was really just a way for them to vent about all the :censored2: they have to deliver.
One day he wants FDL in RDL. The next day he comes in and wants FDL in FDL and his 3000 bulk stop in RDL.
It all depends on him coming in and deciding what he doesn't like the look of, and them telling me I should have read his mind before he was even there. I'm supposed to just "know" what's going to be worse to deliver and what's going to save him 5 steps. Some days I have to bite my tongue and stop myself from saying "Bro, all your :censored2: is light...."
From now on I just do what the dispatch sheet says until it is physically impossible.
60 lb bag of dog food on the 2000 shelf? You betcha.
They said they likes the guy that covers for you better. You take too many days off.

lolbr

60 lb bag of dog food on the 5000 shelf? You betcha.
He's probably just not explaining himself correctly. He likely just wants the largest bulk stops at the back regardless of where they are pal'ed. I try to make it easy on my loader with the things I tell them. Sure, it helps me, but it helps them more. I loaded for about 10 years. Had trucks with 900 pieces during peak (yes, on one package car). It's not even close to as hard as most loaders make it out to be. They spend the day making it harder on themselves thinking they are taking shortcuts.

*Load the large packages first. It's much easier to find a spot for the smalls later. You don't have to wallpaper the shelves with smalls first. (may not apply if you sort from a belt, but does apply if you sort from rotating cages).
*Load the large packages under the shelves. Don't put that large case of toilet paper on the top shelf. Get the furniture you can fit under the shelves in early, don't let them sit in your way the entire day then try to shove them in at the last second.
*Stuff the large bulk stops in the corners. If it's really big, put it at the back. No point in dragging 50 packages through the truck to put it at FDL when you can just shove it in RDL.
*Write the HIN on packages for the first hour. Saves you time from double checking what's already loaded to see where to put the rest of the packages.
*Spread out sections if needed. You should be able to get about 40 packages per section without much trouble. Check the load chart for sections with more than 40 packages. Usually, the other half of the shelf isn't so full. 50 packages in 3000, but only 20 in 7000? You don't need to give half the top shelf to 7000's.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Also I'm one of those guys that just throws envelops behind the row of boxes.
#sorrynotsorry
Bags and envelopes can be loaded neatly with their asassociated stop so long as you are allowed to decide top or middle shelf in a custom load. The old man was able to pack everything in real neat but PAS not differentiating between a business stop and a neighborhood; top and middle shelf makes it difficult to incorporate smalls and irregs.

For example all of the big businesses would go shelf 1 or floor rather than 2 and all the resis and envelopes would run flat along shelf 2 instead of 1. Then they are neat and flush on top of smaller boxes. I honestly think we need to go back to some form of driver load.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
If you pick up a package and it feels like there’s a paint can or some liquid in it, don’t :censored2:ing toss it. I’m tired of getting fumigated out of my truck everyday. Bitches

No breakfast for a week :censored2:.

AwashBwashCwash

If you pick up a package and it feels like there’s a paint can or some liquid in it, don’t :censored2:ing toss it. I’m tired of getting fumigated out of my truck everyday. Bitches

No breakfast for a week :censored2:.

It's literally impossible to meet UPS' expectations without tossing packages.
They implicitly demand for us to toss packages by the production standards they set.
When this happened your preloader was probably tiptoeing around huge piles of stackout and running into your truck with 4 packages in his arms while stuff for his other trucks dashed by on the belt behind him.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
It's literally impossible to meet UPS' expectations without tossing packages.
They implicitly demand for us to toss packages by the production standards they set.
When this happened your preloader was probably tiptoeing around huge piles of stackout and running into your truck with 4 packages in his arms while stuff for his other trucks dashed by on the belt behind him.
I didn’t say every package. Just that one