BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Nothing is keeping UPS from paying more than what is listed in the contract, you realize that don't you?
It even states that these are minimums in the contract, so they can pay more if they want to

what fantasy world do you live on

@Turdferguson lives in the real world of the contract ?

Ya know.... the one the company agreed too ?

Article 22 Section 5

(b) Newly hired part-time employees

All part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority after August 1, 2013 will be paid according to the following wage schedules:

(c) The wage rates and increases provided in (a) and (b) shall be a minimum.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

It's only National language.

-Bug-

Gear

Parts on Order
@Turdferguson lives in the real world of the contract ?

Ya know.... the one the company agreed too ?

Article 22 Section 5

(b) Newly hired part-time employees

All part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority after August 1, 2013 will be paid according to the following wage schedules:

(c) The wage rates and increases provided in (a) and (b) shall be a minimum.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

It's only National language.

-Bug-

If UPS started paying guys 15 an hour from the start, guys with a few years in would file grievances for back pay. UPS should pay the negotiated wages. Anything else will cause problems.

MrBrown

We are told that we are required to take it to the customer and have them make the decision on refusing the package. Then put refused damaged in remarks. Most embarrassing thing and I hate it.
In make a personal call on it, if it looks to messed up and i think it would reflect negatively on ups, i sheet it future and remark inspect. The girls in the local sort check it out and if its ok they repackage it and it goes out the next day

MrBrown

In make a personal call on it, if it looks to messed up and i think it would reflect negatively on ups, i sheet it future and remark inspect. The girls in the local sort check it out and if its ok they repackage it and it goes out the next day
Obviously its a case by case decision, im galking severly messed up packages

PT Car Washer

If UPS started paying guys 15 an hour from the start, guys with a few years in would file grievances for back pay. UPS should pay the negotiated wages. Anything else will cause problems.
Because the current wage system is working so well. At my buiding the preload is either Art 22.3 or high seniority PT or blue vest PT. Not much in between.

MrBrown

Ahhh loaded many of those. I cared at first until I realized no one cared, and they weren't willing to pay me the time necessary to care.

In the truck it goes
The fun part is the sign over the belt that reads “dont load distressed packages” i agree, the packages have to go on a car