Wages: Lets get to the facts

Serf

I have heard it many, many times from people who like to talk about themselves all the time. More times than not it's just someone trying to make up for something they are lacking in their lives
It may seem like I am here, shouting from the rooftops. All this nonsense. I am actually here to help. You still live in America. And you still have some freedoms and options. I sound like a broken record because the people that I interact with are in denial that my glass is half full, instead of half empty. And there's could be too!

MAKAVELI

It may seem like I am here, shouting from the rooftops. All this nonsense. I am actually here to help. You still live in America. And you still have some freedoms and options. I sound like a broken record because the people that I interact with are in denial that my glass is half full, instead of half empty. And there's could be too!
No doubt we all have are own destiny in our own hands. But not everyone is dealt the same hand in life. Some definitely have a harder road then others. This is where the republican party is out of touch with the increasing gap between the rich and poor. FedEx and Fred S are on top of that food chain. Changing laws to benefit themselves and making that climb for the average person and especially for someone who was born into poverty more out of reach. You see Fred S doesn't hold our wages and benefits down just for profit. He does it also because he can. It's the psychology they use to beat down the worker. They tell us every day we do nothing right, we don't make our numbers, the opco is not making a profit(bs), you are unskilled workers, there are no jobs for you outside of FedEx, the economy is down, etc. etc. Eventually the majority of workers start to believe this bs and even start to repeat it themselves. Having a beaten down workforce makes it easier to change working conditions at will. Will there ever be an uprising and serious union organizing effort? Maybe, maybe not. But until then us unskilled workers who haven't been brainwashed or now see the the company for what it is, use the internet and this site to voice our opinions and vent with anonymity without retaliation from the company.

Serf

No doubt we all have are own destiny in our own hands. But not everyone is dealt the same hand in life. Some definitely have a harder road then others. This is where the republican party is out of touch with the increasing gap between the rich and poor. FedEx and Fred S are on top of that food chain. Changing laws to benefit themselves and making that climb for the average person and especially for someone who was born into poverty more out of reach. You see Fred S doesn't hold our wages and benefits down just for profit. He does it also because he can. It's the psychology they use to beat down the worker. They tell us every day we do nothing right, we don't make our numbers, the opco is not making a profit(bs), you are unskilled workers, there are no jobs for you outside of FedEx, the economy is down, etc. etc. Eventually the majority of workers start to believe this bs and even start to repeat it themselves. Having a beaten down workforce makes it easier to change working conditions at will. Will there ever be an uprising and serious union organizing effort? Maybe, maybe not. But until then us unskilled workers who haven't been brainwashed or now see the the company for what it is, use the internet and this site to voice our opinions and vent with anonymity without retaliation from the company.

This is not new. The best part of America is: it really is one of the last places on Earth you can be dealt a crappier hand and still prosper. The gap between rich and poor has been growing since the 70's and peaked just before Recession. But now, the richest Americans are back operating in a free market capitalist society. Like it or not. Vote left or right, this will continue.

I am not a lifelong Republican. But with that being said the pure fundamentals of the Democratic Party have shifted to far left. I believe that, in an achievement based society some level of income inequality is both inevitable and desirable, as encouragement to those who contribute most to our economic prosperity. Fundamentally, Government’s role should not be to rig the game in favor of “the haves” but to make sure “the have-nots” are given a fair shot. And it try's to do this every 4 to 8 years. Yet, what has changed?! Nothing. Democrats who vote Democrat remain poor or stagnant. Liberal elite is Hollywood, Republican elite is corporate. It's always been this way. And Republicans who vote Republican sit on assets and practice conservative ways. Why are they vilified? Are you saying if you came from money and made even more money you would become the world's biggest philanthropist? And just give it away to the "working man?"

I assure you Fred S is not waging psychological warfare on you. If you are being told you are not making numbers, it is simply because it's the truth. In reality, brainwashing exists. But it's harder to do so to adults. I applaud you for voicing your opinion. And with that being said, I will also refute and go against the grain of the complaints in this forum.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
This is not new. The best part of America is: it really is one of the last places on Earth you can be dealt a crappier hand and still prosper. The gap between rich and poor has been growing since the 70's and peaked just before Recession. But now, the richest Americans are back operating in a free market capitalist society. Like it or not. Vote left or right, this will continue.

I am not a lifelong Republican. But with that being said the pure fundamentals of the Democratic Party have shifted to far left. I believe that, in an achievement based society some level of income inequality is both inevitable and desirable, as encouragement to those who contribute most to our economic prosperity. Fundamentally, Government’s role should not be to rig the game in favor of “the haves” but to make sure “the have-nots” are given a fair shot. And it try's to do this every 4 to 8 years. Yet, what has changed?! Nothing. Democrats who vote Democrat remain poor or stagnant. Liberal elite is Hollywood, Republican elite is corporate. It's always been this way. And Republicans who vote Republican sit on assets and practice conservative ways. Why are they vilified? Are you saying if you came from money and made even more money you would become the world's biggest philanthropist? And just give it away to the "working man?"

I assure you Fred S is not waging psychological warfare on you. If you are being told you are not making numbers, it is simply because it's the truth. In reality, brainwashing exists. But it's harder to do so to adults. I applaud you for voicing your opinion. And with that being said, I will also refute and go against the grain of the complaints in this forum.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Are you saying if you came from money and made even more money you would become the world's biggest philanthropist? And just give it away to the "working man?"

Yes, I would. But then again, I'm not one of those "Bible Thumping Christians" that tell the poor, to eat my crumbs.

After so many millions, what's left to buy? Seriously?

Just sayin'.

!Retired!

All routes are not equal. Years ago I had to cover a route that encompassed 350 square miles of swamp and scrub brush. Only 1 road in the entire county was named. There was 1 traffic signal where a State highway crossed a Federal highway.

Try and learn that bad boy in 30 days.
ALL routes should be known pretty damn well after 30 days. On my route down South I drove an average of 350 miles. 30 miles from the station to my 1st stop....It also included 6 towns with a TOTAL of 3 stops lights, RR numbers, driveways so long they had their own road name, etc. Even a straight drive from my last stop to the station (in a Sprinter) would take 2 hours. And I had NEVER been in that area before then. Yes, I did know it pretty well after 30 days.

Goldilocks

The training is worthless. But it does give a good idea of how to go about performing unskilled labor. Mostly DRA routes at my station. My "wage" is higher then some couriers in parts of the country. If you thinking of me as a handler that drives a truck to the ramp makes you feel better, I am ok with that. And I don't think it's a job that gets cut quite often. As the 7 Shuttle Drivers we have all have 10 years plus of service. The only negative to this is they are all at 19-22.00$ and me being the newest one is at 15.89. Still I am thankful for the extra money, benefits, and 401k.

They cut shuttle drivers out years ago from my district.

MAKAVELI

P

prodriver

I'veote="TheJackal, post: 1280483, member: 24309"]ALL routes should be known pretty damn well after 30 days. On my route down South I drove an average of 350 miles. 30 miles from the station to my 1st stop....It also included 6 towns with a TOTAL of 3 stops lights, RR numbers, driveways so long they had their own road name, etc. Even a straight drive from my last stop to the station (in a Sprinter) would take 2 hours. And I had NEVER been in that area before then. Yes, I did know it pretty well after 30 days.[/quote]
Ive run out of 5 different terminals over 40 routes, can run service on most routes blind, so no don't think I need to go do something else haha just sayin but could you have run that route when you was brand spank n new

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You have gotta be kidding.

Smith is evil and he simply enjoys friendg over the workforce that isn't a part of the upper management. Like Vantexan said because he can. A major control freak, Smith obviously has you still buffaloed into believing your job is just a daily walk thru the fields of clover. You ain't seen anything yet.

If you plan on staying at FedEx for any length of time, let warn you son it's gonna be a long hard ride.

Last edited:

Serf

Yes, I would
Well then, I applaud you. I feel better inside speculating that you would find peace in giving if you ever got the chance.

They cut shuttle drivers out years ago from my district.
Thanks for the tip. The large station I am at has had these guys for 10-20 years. But if I ever do get cut, I'll just be a courier or find somewhere else that gives me dental and 401k for part time work.

If you plan on staying at FedEx for any length of time, let warn you son it's gonna be a long hard ride.
I appreciate the advice. But seriously, I just can't digest the fact that I am being mind friend#cked by my higher ups. I could be wrong, hell I MAY be wrong. I guess I will see.

Serf

Things are changing very quickly these days

Oh are they. You bet I'll be in forum announcing that they cut shuttle drivers out of the budget and everyone will feel better inside. And migrant worker will have to move on somewhere else. The couriers will be the one's going to the ramp at 0500 and 2200. And they will be taking all the big bulk routes. Yep. I can totally see it.

MAKAVELI

Oh are they. You bet I'll be in forum announcing that they cut shuttle drivers out of the budget and everyone will feel better inside. And migrant worker will have to move on somewhere else. The couriers will be the one's going to the ramp at 0500 and 2200. And they will be taking all the big bulk routes. Yep. I can totally see it.
You just don't understand how Fedex operates, do you? I guess ignorance is bliss.