Wages: Lets get to the facts

vantexan

No doubt we all have are own destiny in our own hands. But not everyone is dealt the same hand in life. Some definitely have a harder road then others. This is where the republican party is out of touch with the increasing gap between the rich and poor. FedEx and Fred S are on top of that food chain. Changing laws to benefit themselves and making that climb for the average person and especially for someone who was born into poverty more out of reach. You see Fred S doesn't hold our wages and benefits down just for profit. He does it also because he can. It's the psychology they use to beat down the worker. They tell us every day we do nothing right, we don't make our numbers, the opco is not making a profit(bs), you are unskilled workers, there are no jobs for you outside of FedEx, the economy is down, etc. etc. Eventually the majority of workers start to believe this bs and even start to repeat it themselves. Having a beaten down workforce makes it easier to change working conditions at will. Will there ever be an uprising and serious union organizing effort? Maybe, maybe not. But until then us unskilled workers who haven't been brainwashed or now see the the company for what it is, use the internet and this site to voice our opinions and vent with anonymity without retaliation from the company.

It's not so much that corporate leadership wants to screw with frontline workers, it's the quality of ops and senior mgrs placed over frontline employees. Corporate wants mgrs who can produce results from employees without driving them to quit. But too many mgrs aren't equipped to deal with employees in a constructive way. I've met a few seniors and directors that came across as professional and sincere which isn't easy with the pressure put on them to perform. It's the mgrs who see screwing with employees' minds as a perk of their job who usually, eventually get rooted out. But not before making everyone miserable. It doesn't benefit corporate at all in a stagnate wage environment to make employees want to quit or go postal. The only caveat to that is they may apply pressure when there are too many employees and not enough volume. If they can get people to quit rather than fire them they save money.

White Line

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, as far as the question posted on the thread, well I would like to keep that to myself for now, just a short and sweet background on myself, I have 1 year tractor trailer P&D experience, and 9 years line haul experience at Ground, I have been following this site for awhile and it has been a eye opener for me, I didn't realize there were that many problems at Express, I have issues with Ground but I will save those for the appropriate threads, thanks for letting me come aboard and you all have a nice day.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, as far as the question posted on the thread, well I would like to keep that to myself for now, just a short and sweet background on myself, I have 1 year tractor trailer P&D experience, and 9 years line haul experience at Ground, I have been following this site for awhile and it has been a eye opener for me, I didn't realize there were that many problems at Express, I have issues with Ground but I will save those for the appropriate threads, thanks for letting me come aboard and you all have a nice day.
Welcome aboard!

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's not so much that corporate leadership wants to screw with frontline workers, it's the quality of ops and senior mgrs placed over frontline employees. Corporate wants mgrs who can produce results from employees without driving them to quit. But too many mgrs aren't equipped to deal with employees in a constructive way. I've met a few seniors and directors that came across as professional and sincere which isn't easy with the pressure put on them to perform. It's the mgrs who see screwing with employees' minds as a perk of their job who usually, eventually get rooted out. But not before making everyone miserable. It doesn't benefit corporate at all in a stagnate wage environment to make employees want to quit or go postal. The only caveat to that is they may apply pressure when there are too many employees and not enough volume. If they can get people to quit rather than fire them they save money.

I respectfully disagree. Corporate "leadership" wants Ferrari performance for a Fiat price...this includes management. They want the "car" to go 200 mph. handle well, and look sharp...all for $10,000. The new and improved FedEx makes screwing with hourlies a requirement, because to treat them well and attempt to instill some level of loyalty and motivation doesn't synch with corporate's threat and discipline philosophy.

It absolutely does not benefit anyone to have created the no-career-path, revolving door reality that exists at Express today. But they're too stupid and cheap to change any part of this dysfunctional equation, so it just goes from bad to worse with each passing day.

That's bad leadership in anyone's book.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Welcome to the asylum, White Line.

problems at Express???...why, wherever would you get such a silly notion?

thedownhillEXPRESS

Welcome White Line.
Problems at Express continue to mount daily.
Our freight is late every day, some never comes in.Ever.No one cares about anything, we all try and guess who's gonna get hurt this week because about 15% of our drivers and handlers are injured.
Management is a monumental laughing stock.Happy hands lost his groove(and hands).
It is such a shame.

White Line

Thank you, well like I said I have been following the site for awhile, and took the time to see what it was all about before signing up, believe me Ground has issues also, many of which are brought up at many a round table, only for the input from those attending the round tables to fall on deaf ears, my hope is that by posting here and if there are indeed higher ups that monitor this site that maybe these issues could be brought to light but with out sounding critical of Fed Ex or throwing individuals involved under the bus, that's not my intent, but to be honest hearing the same ol "well management is aware of that" or "safety is aware of that" with absolutely no results is very frustrating.

vantexan

I respectfully disagree. Corporate "leadership" wants Ferrari performance for a Fiat price...this includes management. They want the "car" to go 200 mph. handle well, and look sharp...all for $10,000. The new and improved FedEx makes screwing with hourlies a requirement, because to treat them well and attempt to instill some level of loyalty and motivation doesn't synch with corporate's threat and discipline philosophy.

It absolutely does not benefit anyone to have created the no-career-path, revolving door reality that exists at Express today. But they're too stupid and cheap to change any part of this dysfunctional equation, so it just goes from bad to worse with each passing day.

That's bad leadership in anyone's book.
I've seen plenty of mgrs and seniors removed after enough complaints. I've also seen mgrs and seniors promoted who tried to the best of their ability to do right by their employees within the limits they have to operate. It does seem that the former are more common than the latter, but I honestly feel the company isn't concocting diabolical schemes to make you miserable. They are just heartless bastards who are saying this is all they're offering because getting super wealthy is all they're about anymore. On a local level though it's about pseudo-Nazis with sadistic tendencies that make working for FedEx such a pleasure.

DontThrowPackages

Thank you, well like I said I have been following the site for awhile, and took the time to see what it was all about before signing up, believe me Ground has issues also, many of which are brought up at many a round table, only for the input from those attending the round tables to fall on deaf ears, my hope is that by posting here and if there are indeed higher ups that monitor this site that maybe these issues could be brought to light but with out sounding critical of Fed Ex or throwing individuals involved under the bus, that's not my intent, but to be honest hearing the same ol "well management is aware of that" or "safety is aware of that" with absolutely no results is very frustrating.
They're he on this site but only to monitor Union talks or things let out of the bag by R1A.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They're he on this site but only to monitor Union talks or things let out of the bag by R1A.

That's right. They're scared of R1a.

We used to have a 2 day and a 3 day service at Express. Many months before those services were ended, he told us they would end. None of us knew that, but he did. He knew some higher ups in the company and they had shown him some internal documents.

I didn't believe him.

I wish I had, though. They announced it at the 2012 stockholder meeting, just like R1a said they would. Then one day, POOF, all we had was overnight freight and nothing else. I found out that it happened just like he and his buddy on this site said it would. They installed caster decks in the Ground terminals and gave Ground a bunch of trailers with rollers in them so that Express could take all of the non-overnight packages to Ground terminals for delivery.

If R1a says it then you can take it to the bank.

I won't dare to mention the HUGELY SUCCESSFUL union organization that goes on via this site.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

We used to have a 2 day and a 3 day service at Express. Many months before those services were ended, he told us they would end. None of us knew that, but he did. He knew some higher ups in the company and they had shown him some internal documents.

I didn't believe him.

I wish I had, though. They announced it at the 2012 stockholder meeting, just like R1a said they would. Then one day, POOF, all we had was overnight freight and nothing else. I found out that it happened just like he and his buddy on this site said it would. They installed caster decks in the Ground terminals and gave Ground a bunch of trailers with rollers in them so that Express could take all of the non-overnight packages to Ground terminals for delivery.

I won't dare to mention the HUGELY SUCCESSFUL union organization that goes on via this site.

Thank you, Mr. Officially Assigned To This Site By FedEx (MOATTSBF). Nobody has a crystal ball, and it's quite possible that Mr. Smith realized his precious RLA would be threatened if he did the P2/XS move to Ground. The roller trailers were there...and then they weren't. Caster decks were also installed at some Ground terminals, another indication that they were going to do it.

Maybe you should ask MT3 what they're going to go next time he's got you pressed up against the wall and letting his Happy hands roam.

You suck, Shill-Boy.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Must almost be SFA time!The shill is back spreading his Fedex happy unicorn poo.You know, Fred S was born under a double rainbow and we all should be grateful to be treated like North Korean slave laborers by upper management.

vantexan

I didn't believe him.

Don't forget forcing FTer's to 35 hrs a week by making them work 12 hr days with a 5 hour split in the middle. He saw the secret internal documents detailing this. Was supposed to happen more than a year ago.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't forget forcing FTer's to 35 hrs a week by making them work 12 hr days with a 5 hour split in the middle. He saw the secret internal documents detailing this. Was supposed to happen more than a year ago.

I guess you and Dano are kindred spirits, eh? You are conveniently forgetting the massive bump Express has seen in Amazon volume. I have little doubt that big splits were in the works, but got set aside by changing circumstances. I guess you forget that they were actually having people take 3-4 hour splits for awhile. Increased volume and turnover put an end to that.

Dano is an expert knob polisher. Perhaps he can give you some tips. Stow your R1a hatred, and see things for what they are.

vantexan

I guess you and Dano are kindred spirits, eh? You are conveniently forgetting the massive bump Express has seen in Amazon volume. I have little doubt that big splits were in the works, but got set aside by changing circumstances. I guess you forget that they were actually having people take 3-4 hour splits for awhile. Increased volume and turnover put an end to that.

Dano is an expert knob polisher. Perhaps he can give you some tips. Stow your R1a hatred, and see things for what they are.
It's not about hatred, it's about truth. Most likely FedEx would lose it's RLA protection when it came out that they were forcing fulltimers to work long days with a huge split. Never heard of anyone trying that, no way it would fly with state labor boards. Just another R1a scheme to get people to quit before they got that royal reaming he was always talking about. There's a reason he left this board, when nothing came true he wouldn't be around to defend himself. FedEx has enough problems, lying about ones they don't have raises serious credibility issues.