Will the trickle down economics actually work?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's like... your opinion man

I have been "saving" in my real estate investments more this year than I can remember

I have been "saving" with the massive increase in the stock market

I will also "save" with the tax reform in my personal situation

This year has been great for me. For one reason or another (the real cause is all debatable)

I tend to look beyond my immediate needs, while looking ahead in terror to what my children and grandchildren will endure when I am long gone?
Make sure you "save" enough for them too???

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Make sure you "save" enough for them too???
I came from :censored2:, not to brag but i came from a environment of low life's, criminals, losers and crime.

I made it, and all I hope for is that everybody has the same chance to "make it" that I had. If I can make it and if my wife can make it (she comes from worse :censored2: then me and has multiple certifications and degrees) anybody can

Work hard, be smart, stay dicipline and even in trumps American you can make it.

This is where my libertarian/constitutionalist ideas collide with the more so "union" ideas I have. I made a great life thanks to what blue collar high paying work unions provided me. I'm very thankful.

Let me have another beer and shot of jack thanks to the unions and what they have done for me

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Bill Clinton's budget had us paying back the debt. Until Bush came in and blew the deficit up with his tax cuts and deficit spending. Labels don't seem to matter anymore.
You can't compare anytime time frame with any other time frame.
Things change very fast

Bill Clinton didn't have to appease people with a war on terror

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The upshot is this. At present, U.S. investors are under the delusion that the $37.3 trillion of paper wealth in their equity portfolios represents durable purchasing power. Unfortunately, as in 2000 and 2007, they are likely to observe an evaporation of this paper wealth. Nobody will “get” that wealth. It will simply vanish. If a dentist in Poughkeepsie sells a single share of Apple a dime lower than the previous trade, over $500 million dollars of paper wealth is instantly wiped from the stock market. That’s how market capitalization works. Over the completion of this market cycle, we estimate that between $19.8 and $24.2 trillion in paper “wealth” will evaporate into thin air.

The central feature of both the Reagan and Kennedy tax cuts was that they were enacted at points that provided enormous slack capacity for growth. In particular, the Reagan cuts were enacted at a point where the unemployment rate had hit 10%, and an economic expansion was likely simply by virtue of cyclical mean-reversion. The Kennedy tax cuts (which brought the top marginal tax rate down from 90%) occurred as baby-boomers were just entering the labor force, again providing enormous capacity for growth.

Presently, the situation is the reverse. The structural drivers of U.S. economic growth are likely to constrain real U.S. GDP growth to less than 2% annually in the coming years, even in the unlikely event that corporate tax cuts encourage increased gross domestic investment. Corporate profits are already near record levels. The effective U.S. corporate tax rate (taxes actually paid as a fraction of pre-tax income) is already at 20% even without tax cuts. We know from the 2004 repatriation holiday that tax breaks on foreign profits encouraged little but special dividends and share buybacks. Already, the available corporate surplus is being primarily driven into dividend payouts, share buybacks, and mergers and acquisitions, rather than real investment.

Frankly, the notion that corporate tax cuts will unleash some renaissance in U.S. real investment and growth would be laughable if the bald-faced corporate giveaway wasn’t so offensive. The policy not only vastly favors the wealthy, but is even more preferential to wealthy individuals who take their income in the form of profits rather than wages. The current tax legislation isn’t some thoughtful reform to benefit Americans. It’s a quickly planned looting through a broken window in our nation’s character.

Worth reading in it's entirety:
Three Delusions: Paper Wealth, a Booming Economy, and Bitcoin

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's a good time to mention that close to %70 of all money created is from revolving investment, the last %30 being real wages.
My diverse-aggressive account may be rising by a quarter of a tenth of a percent each and every day for the next year but you need money to get more money and the fact that I am earning 9 dollars from a 35,000 portfolio in exchange for a wage that has fallen off the rails of literally every wealth inflation metric for 20 years is not a winning deal unless I happen to have nearly $400,000 in the same kind of investment.

Of course numbers are not everything, I am more convinced that this kind of policy is a failure when I see a bunch of rich white :censored2:s drink coffee at a wall-seperated shopping center that is only accessible from the highway.

brown_trousers

Bill Clinton's budget had us paying back the debt. Until Bush came in and blew the deficit up with his tax cuts and deficit spending. Labels don't seem to matter anymore.

Political numbers games, i love it!

The political arguments seems to all form a pattern. Its a blame game for who did what to the economy. It goes something like this:

You compare the real dollar amount, ie.. national debt increase. If that doesnt work-

You compare it as a percentage instead. And If that doesnt work-

You blame it on the previous president and his failures.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
i think they should probably use that money on capacity upgrades.

Lots of hub capacity upgrades in my area will be in next year. I don't know if this will help on the package side or not but it should make capacity at other, smaller hubs easier to run.

Atlanta's new hub which is very large
Jacksonville expansion
Whites Creek expansion

I think Louisville Centennial and Lexington KY are still expanding as well. Greensboro NC is supposed to start their expansion in the near future unless plans have changed.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
The democrats formed the kkk.

Yet now the republicans are racists who support the 1%

You may want to read up on this subject before throwing out quotes. The parties of the 1860's aren't the same parties they are today... At that time you also had Southern Democrats and Liberal Republican's and this was just a few years after the Whig party disbanded.

floridays

You may want to read up on this subject before throwing out quotes. The parties of the 1860's aren't the same parties they are today... At that time you also had Southern Democrats and Liberal Republican's and this was just a few years after the Whig party disbanded.
So was Robert Byrd a democrat or whig?

M

MenInBrown

if at first you don't succeed make excuses and try again!

What will be your excuse of why you are accepting more money from lower taxes? I will send you my paypal link to send me your extra, sense you don’t know what to do with it. Hahahahahaha

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
What will be your excuse of why you are accepting more money from lower taxes? I will send you my paypal link to send me your extra, sense you don’t know what to do with it. Hahahahahaha
I'm giving my tax savings to my kids so that they can use it down the road to pay off the debt we are accumulating for them.