Will the trickle down economics actually work?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Aren’t there some employers who are already raising their employees hourly rates and giving out bonuses on news of the knew tax plan? Thought I read that somewhere.
anigif_enhanced-3145-1444776406-7.gif
........fake news!!

Last edited:

floridays

You are an idiot! You need to be very careful, you are about 5 brain cells away from forgetting to breath while walking!
Is that kinda like, "To breath or not to breath, that is the question?" Benben 2017

Breathe Pink Floyd 1973

Brain cells and idiot, kinda drastic ey?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Because the Fed controls monetary value. As terrible as that sounds, China banks on that (pun intended).

We accuse China of currency manipulation but what they do is really just looking out for their investments. Without the fed controlling inflation, China could easily get paid back its principal and screwed out of billions if not trillions in interest. What's wrong with that? Everything to a capitalist.

But the constitution does not allow for private individuals (i.e. the fed) to print money. If the fed is allowed to do it, there should be nothing stopping any other individual from establishing their own currency and loaning it out for interest. Why should the banksters be the only ones allowed to own the fruits of our labor down to our great grand children and beyond? Under the fed's "control" our currency has been devalued pretty heavily due to quantitative easing.

Devaluing our currency would be the cause of China losing out on interest. Perhaps that's why China is slowing down investments in US currency, possibly even slowly pulling out altogether. The fact that anyone still invests in US debt is nothing short of astonishing. The longer we let this sham continue, the more catastrophic the fallout will be once the problem gets too big for them to control.

bbsam

Staff member
But the constitution does not allow for private individuals (i.e. the fed) to print money. If the fed is allowed to do it, there should be nothing stopping any other individual from establishing their own currency and loaning it out for interest. Why should the banksters be the only ones allowed to own the fruits of our labor down to our great grand children and beyond? Under the fed's "control" our currency has been devalued pretty heavily due to quantitative easing.

Devaluing our currency would be the cause of China losing out on interest. Perhaps that's why China is slowing down investments in US currency, possibly even slowly pulling out altogether. The fact that anyone still invests in US debt is nothing short of astonishing. The longer we let this sham continue, the more catastrophic the fallout will be once the problem gets too big for them to control.
Congress gives the Fed the authority.

In other words, Congress found yet another power that scares the hell out of them so they rather someone else step up to the plate.

That being the case, I don't think it will change anytime soon. Can you imagine trying to get re elected and trying to explain a vote that threw the economy into recession?

Yeah. Me neither.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Congress gives the Fed the authority.

In other words, Congress found yet another power that scares the hell out of them so they rather someone else step up to the plate.

That being the case, I don't think it will change anytime soon. Can you imagine trying to get re elected and trying to explain a vote that threw the economy into recession?

Yeah. Me neither.

I'll take recession over complete financial meltdown any day. All the current system is doing is constantly kicking the can down the road. You seem to care that we're screwing over future generations, but then you seem beholden to the system that is actively doing the screwing.

bbsam

Staff member
I'll take recession over complete financial meltdown any day. All the current system is doing is constantly kicking the can down the road. You seem to care that we're screwing over future generations, but then you seem beholden to the system that is actively doing the screwing.
See above post. How do you recommend getting Congress to act in the way you desire?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
See above post. How do you recommend getting Congress to act in the way you desire?

Charge them all with treason? I've been a big proponent of doing that for a long time. But short of that, raising awareness as to how things work, and what is actually going on. It's definitely an uphill battle, but I think there is hope for breaking people out of the two-party mindset. It is up to us to hold our representatives responsible for looking out for our interests, and not let them pit us against each other in this perpetual "us vs them" partisan squabble.

We need to find a common ground we can all live with, then it will be easier to keep those weasels in check. We also need to remember that they work for us, they are our servants, not our leaders, and we need to remind them of that.

bbsam

Staff member
He was the pork king for West Virginia . He raped federal dollars for the state . More roads , schools , and buildings are named after the guy more than any other .
Wanna find a non pork king/queen? Go find a member of congress that is actively trying to shut down a military base in his or her district/state. Good luck.