Would you take concessions?

CRASH501

AGAIN.............back end money! stock options on years of service, 1% 401k match, pennies per package picked up or delivered into stocks or 401k, real $$$ on producing sales leads for the life of the account, I can go on and on

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
lol.. just wondering, are you ft or pt?

I've been full time for a very long time.It saddens me to see these kids who are working part time busting their butts making peanuts( the starting pay for PT has increased by only .50 an hour since 1982) . These kids are the future of the company and I want to see a strong company for years to come,long after i retire.

brown_trousers

I've been full time for a very long time.It saddens me to see these kids who are working part time busting their butts making peanuts( the starting pay for PT has increased by only .50 an hour since 1982) . These kids are the future of the company and I want to see a strong company for years to come,long after i retire.

I agree completely. The part-time starting wage freeze for the last 20 years is a double-edged sword for part-timers and full-timers. Its good in that it allows the company to pay more for full-time jobs (in the terms of wages, benefits, etc..), but at the same time it encourages UPS to rely more on much cheaper part-time labor. If pt wages had kept up with inflation, UPS might be more encouraged to convert many of those pt jobs over to ft combo jobs.