BlackCat

UPS better be careful with this 70 hr rule.

Guys are going to be so buff that they wont be able to pass their DOT physical without wearing a corset around their neck.

Over disciplined0123

Sent my helper to the lobby for a cup a coffee this morning… After about 15 minutes I went looking for him...found him at the ribs in a cup stand...going to have a little talk Monday morning.
Well. Years ago after a 11 hour day with the same helper for last 10 days he decided to steal my wallet I had placed in the Diad holder. So after work I had to search for this :censored2: . The :censored2: forgot he told me he was going to his girlfriends after work

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well. Years ago after a 11 hour day with the same helper for last 10 days he decided to steal my wallet I had placed in the Diad holder. So after work I had to search for this :censored2: . The :censored2: forgot he told me he was going to his girlfriends after work
Was he able to walk afterwards?

bumped

Meh, they are just breeding a new type of driver, the type that doesn’t GAF. It’s the same ones that would just as soon strike, even if it meant the company going under.

The newer drivers from the past 5 years just don't care, and after 20 years I'm getting to that point also.

Over disciplined0123

Exactly true but we can watch all the poor management decisions that occur and This 70 hr rule right before a contract year is one of them
I have been around here for 4 I think this might be my 5th contract vote and I noticed usually the six months or so before contract expires we would always seem to get treated a little more respected and human They would implement the no one over 9.5 policy and reduce our workloads along with less discipline for minor infractions. I don’t see that this year ..... I feel I speak for all of us drivers that we want monetary rewards for excessive overtime . We all want to be on the no over 9.5 sheet and those who don’t mind the overtime can opt out.. penalties that stick for harassment . Also penalties for being fired for management created reasons like Work abandonment (what is that) Then taking 6 weeks for a hearing to return to work .. mabey raising the Driver Helper wage to 15.00 a hour so they can finally have enough helpers for peak .... (and they wonder why)). How bout raising our sick day and rover pay to 9.5 hours since UPS states that there is no such thing as a 8hour dispatched day.. Top management Words ... and last but not least we want triple time for 6th day of work

Over disciplined0123

Yeah I know, but they'll make you do something you don't want to do. Demanding 8 won't get you the day off tomorrow. I'm perfectly fine going in for a half day. I live 10 min from center. I could see if one lives 45 minutes or even an hour away that they wouldn't just come in for 4. $200 for 4 easy hours.
I also do not mind the 4 hours. But believe me if one of my kids had something going on that day I would not be in. We have a few guys not coming in on Saturday and have not been getting disciplined yet ... but it is early in peak still

rod

Retired 22 years
. Was funniest night ever thank god a brought a friend cuz his girlfriend jumped on my back along with his mother.

I was with a bunch of guys one night and a buddy got into a fight. The other guys girlfriend jumped on his back and went ape :censored2: on him. He screamed at her to get off him by the time he counted to 3 or she was getting smacked. 1-2-3----boom---- shes knocked out and the BF is running down the street. .