burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I got a DIAD message that told me to call a number immediately today. I didn't recognize the last name, I was thinking that it was the new seasonal driver running a large add/cut off my route. It turned out to be my DM and he told me that Saturday is now mandatory. This guy was calling drivers all day after nobody was responding to DIAD messages asking for a show of hands tomorrow.

Do they not have to give some kind of notice?

Richard Cranium

We had Wayne hosting ours, least that’s what I think his name is. Gave the same speech, starts off telling us we’re the best, then we are special, and because we are special we should dig deep and “make it happen”. It sounded like he was trying to sell me a bag of :censored2: at dozen rose price.
Wayne Dyer?

This was my truck upon walking up to it at 845 this morning. If they don’t care, why should I? I’m not working saturdays, blow me. My daughters need a father. Go ahead and fire me. Back pay for days. Or I’ll go legal if I have to

Thats honestly pathetic (the truck, not your comment). It looks like the 5 and 6 are damn near empty...and the truck next to you looks blown out as well. The hell happened? New hire quit mid shift?

542thruNthru

No, we aren’t “allowed” to give out last names here, but here’s a news article you can piece together.

Man Awarded $500,000 For Calling Out Sexism At Work

Nicely done sir.
costanza-wink.gif

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Thats honestly pathetic (the truck, not your comment). It looks like the 5 and 6 are damn near empty...and the truck next to you looks blown out as well. The hell happened? New hire quit mid shift?
My car is the 6th truck from the end of the belt. The two loaders doing those trucks apparently left at 3am. Even so? How did that go unnoticed for 4+hours? There was a total of twelve pkgs loaded in my truck. 6 of them were misloads. I didn’t leave the building til 10:45.

From the time I approached my truck to leaving the building I did not see one supervisor. They were either hiding from confrontation, or purely negligent. I’m still in shock.

Faceplanted

Can somebody from the southern please provide me the exact section of the suppliment and exact language concerning 5 day work week? I want to pass this info along to all my discouraged but slightly soft brothers.

As a former preload sup, I can't help but find that completely unacceptable and am legitimately pissed off for you. This is the kind of bull:censored2: that adds to the already existing wedge between mgmt and union folk. I really don't even know what else to say; I'm completely flabbergasted by that picture. If I were you and had balls of steel I would've went out with the 12, ran the 6 in trace while sheeting everything else as 'not found' at each stop, delivered the misloads, and then msg'd the center asking if anyone needs help. Your team really :censored2: the bed with this one.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
As a former preload sup, I can't help but find that completely unacceptable and am legitimately :censored2: off for you. This is the kind of bull:censored2: that adds to the already existing wedge between mgmt and union folk. I really don't even know what else to say; I'm completely flabbergasted by that picture. If I were you and had balls of steel I would've went out with the 12, ran the 6 in trace while sheeting everything else as 'not found' at each stop, delivered the misloads, and then msg'd the center asking if anyone needs help. Your team really :censored2: the bed with this one.
Ya know, I’m totally not the driver that makes managements job miserable. I always try and work with them so we both are efficient and successful. It totally ruins the whole relationship with this kinda :censored2:. I’m not about to turn into a contract article reciting aggro driver. But definitely keeping distance between them and I now.