ManInBrown

We were told in the PCM this morning they tried for it, and didn’t get it. You sure this is nationwide. I haven’t heard anything here?

Notcool

Its in effect here. All drivers forced Saturday or will be terminated on Monday per the PCM. All Saturday drivers work Monday. The faces on l the fellow drivers is of defeat. Stop count is insane. I was wornout today. Cant wait for.tomorrow...

ManInBrown

70 isn’t even possible. I don’t work Saturdays, which means if they did switch to 70 they could work me 14 a day. With lunch that’s 15 a day. You wouldn’t have a 10 hour reset. Someone explain to me what I’m missing. Is the 70 only so people can work Saturday? You can’t be worked 70 in 5.

MAKAVELI

70 isn’t even possible. I don’t work Saturdays, which means if they did switch to 70 they could work me 14 a day. With lunch that’s 15 a day. You wouldn’t have a 10 hour reset. Someone explain to me what I’m missing. Is the 70 only so people can work Saturday? You can’t be worked 70 in 5.
Yes it's possible on a 6 day work week. FedEx Express has done it for years.

542thruNthru

Its in effect here. All drivers forced Saturday or will be terminated on Monday per the PCM. All Saturday drivers work Monday. The faces on l the fellow drivers is of defeat. Stop count is insane. I was wornout today. Cant wait for.tomorrow...

Lol. I'd love for them to fire me for calling in sick. I'll sit back all peak and collect my back pay at the end. Please tell me you guys didn't fall for that crap.

latest.gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
60 hours, 70 hours, whatever. I'm probably giving them 2 weeks after the new year so bring it, friend* sticks.

Last edited:

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
What a joke. The 70hr rule was made for feeder drivers, not package drivers who are in an out of their truck 200 times a day lifting heavy packages

It's going to take somebody getting killed before ups realizes how serious the negative effects of this 70hr work week can get.
They don’t care, remember Jimmy Lam? The driver who shot up the building I work in over excessive OT and harassment. Nothing has changed

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got this wonderful news this morning while standing in a PCM attended by about 150 drivers. Our Division Manager actually said, "We weren't planning for what happened this week". And I thought that planning is his job. My Center alone was having more Left In Buildings than a major Hub nearby. I have never seen such poor planning in all my years. We were also told that Saturday is mandatory for everybody the next four weeks. All of this with a contract vote coming up.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

How can they “on the fly” make Saturday mandatory? Your locals don’t have language for that? Can’t be forced Saturday’s in the 177. And I doubt that’s changing.

Let me rephrase, no forced 6th punch in the 177

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
This was my truck upon walking up to it at 845 this morning. If they don’t care, why should I? I’m not working saturdays, blow me. My daughters need a father. Go ahead and fire me. Back pay for days. Or I’ll go legal if I have to

Attachments

• 90E48008-B353-4BFD-AE8D-41B158551F26.jpeg
    90E48008-B353-4BFD-AE8D-41B158551F26.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 169

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I got this wonderful news this morning while standing in a PCM attended by about 150 drivers. Our Division Manager actually said, "We weren't planning for what happened this week". And I thought that planning is his job. My Center alone was having more Left In Buildings than a major Hub nearby. I have never seen such poor planning in all my years. We were also told that Saturday is mandatory for everybody for the next four weeks. All of this with a contract vote coming up.
We had Wayne hosting ours, least that’s what I think his name is. Gave the same speech, starts off telling us we’re the best, then we are special, and because we are special we should dig deep and “make it happen”. It sounded like he was trying to sell me a bag of :censored2: at dozen rose price.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
So over capacity that they have to run everyone into the ground six days but they think they'll manage being down a guy. Hollow threat.
Seriously, they can’t even find new hires yet they’re gonna get rid of the slaves they already have. Yeah mmhmm, riiigghht. I’m shakin in my browns ...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got a DIAD message that told me to call a number immediately today. I didn't recognize the last name, I was thinking that it was the new seasonal driver running a large add/cut off my route. It turned out to be my DM and he told me that Saturday is now mandatory. This guy was calling drivers all day after nobody was responding to DIAD messages asking for a show of hands tomorrow.