olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Didn't even want to waste my time with that redneck , laughed and walked away knowing I had a coffee and was at 53 an hr at that point lol
I drove truck for non union companies for almost 15 years before UPS and can understand what that driver was saying.

We had to load and unload our freight. a lot of hand unloads that can take 3-5 hours. I have changed tires, done most small repairs , fueled and washed tractor off the clock. actually in a non union trucking job you do a lot of work off the clock if you are being paid by load or by mile.

a lot of waiting time that is free too. usually the pay was below minimum wage when you took in account all your time.

that is why most non union truck drivers don't think UPS feedah is a real truckin job.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I couldn't care less if it's a real trucking job as long it pays real money. Its not like it was ever my life's ambition to be truck driver anyway, it just kinda worked out that way.
I think for a lot of these independents especially it's an identity thing, they're really into being super truckers or whatever. I'm just a UPSer who happens to drive a truck and that's fine with me.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If a Feedah outgrows his last pair of size 48 pants, can he just wear a brown tarp, or beach towel around his waste and call it a kilt?
No they have build in elastic with buttons that little kids pants have....that "extra" slack in the pants when fully extended gives you about 5 extra inches on each side....if you get any bigger than 60 inches you have to go to a tailor on your own dime to get some custom pants made..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
No they have build in elastic with buttons that little kids pants have....that "extra" slack in the pants when fully extended gives you about 5 extra inches on each side....if you get any bigger than 60 inches you have to go to a tailor on your own dime to get some custom pants made..
How much did that set ya back?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I once had a trucker tell me UPS and FedEx drivers sucked because we always park at the entrance/exits of truck stops instead of backing our sets into an open space. He said he used to run doubles and always backed into spots at truck stops...I told him he was a :censored2: and shook my head.

Usually it's the super truckers who are spending 15% of their earnings on chrome, extra lights and extra fuel because only wussies drive the new aerodynamic tractors.

I usually avoid truck stops unless it's a day run when their empty.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You also have to figure our mileage drivers gross almost as much as some owner operators without any of the expenses. Haters always gonna hate.

Indecisi0n

I once had a trucker tell me UPS and FedEx drivers sucked because we always park at the entrance/exits of truck stops instead of backing our sets into an open space. He said he used to run doubles and always backed into spots at truck stops...I told him he was a :censored2: and shook my head.

Usually it's the super truckers who are spending 15% of their earnings on chrome, extra lights and extra fuel because only wussies drive the new aerodynamic tractors.

What would be considered excessive time spent at any given truck stop? A friend wants to know ...

brownburro

Truck stops are for tweakers and lot
lizards. I avoid them at any cost.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How much did that set ya back?
I already have one stalker on here, I don't need another one.... And until you get a CDL stay the hell out of this thread...this is for employees that can be trusted with actually holding the vehicles keys....not have them dangling from a belt loop like a mutt

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
No, but not fat either. There just seems to be a general "UPS feeder drivers suck" attitude from other truck drivers. Maybe we get paid so well and they don't? I don't know.

It's the pay and benefits. I was at a truck stop about three years ago, with two other UPSers, in line, and a guy behind us said, "Make the union guys go last." One of my buddies, who is very outspoken, turned around and said, "I'd hate to be driving down the road in the middle of the night for .49 cents a mile." The other trucker got pissed, and said, "friend$ck off!"

But why should we apologize for what we've earned? I never understand why we should jump into the race to the bottom.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It's the pay and benefits. I was at a truck stop about three years ago, with two other UPSers, in line, and a guy behind us said, "Make the union guys go last." One of my buddies, who is very outspoken, turned around and said, "I'd hate to be driving down the road in the middle of the night for .49 cents a mile." The other trucker got :censored2:, and said, "friend$ck off!"

But why should we apologize for what we've earned? I never understand why we should jump into the race to the bottom.
what most of these truckers don't understand is that union wages drive up non union wages. union progress in safety, has influenced the private sector.

many benefits that non union workers enjoy thru state and federal laws was first implemented by the unions for workers.

Last edited:

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Either the other guys make too little or Feeders make too much. That's what I always wondered lol. What's the difference between the other truckers and ups feeders? I know most other hourly trucking jobs around me top out at like $25-28/hr and don't have benefits anywhere close what we have

brownburro

Either the other guys make too little or Feeders make too much. That's what I always wondered lol. What's the difference between the other truckers and ups feeders? I know most other hourly trucking jobs around me top out at like $25-28/hr and don't have benefits anywhere close what we have
I have a friend who is a private contractor trucker. His biggest complaint is the fuel/tractor maintenance cost compared to the money he gets paid per job.