Jsea1

I have an interview with my local UPS in Jackson MS Thursday for pt pk handler. I currently haul cars, 90k job of on weekends but not much home time through the weeks. Wondering will trying to get on driving, waiting it out on the dock here be worth the pay cut. Also can I start driving this year any advice will help

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
I have an interview with my local UPS in Jackson MS Thursday for pt pk handler. I currently haul cars, 90k job of on weekends but not much home time through the weeks. Wondering will trying to get on driving, waiting it out on the dock here be worth the pay cut. Also can I start driving this year any advice will help
Going from 90k a year to $10.20 an hour? Totally worth it

barnyard

KTM rider
The money is in the bank already looking for retirement job at this point. Just need pointers

At this point, you have a retirement job. You will work WAY harder as a handler and small package is not an easy job either. You could be looking at 5+ years to get to $90k again.

If I were in your shoes, I would look at UPS freight or one of the union LTLs.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Don't do it. Only apply for an off the street job. "Tractor trailer driver" one will eventually pop up. Especially if they are implementing Saturday delivery in your area. For some reason they are hiring like crazy.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Getting tired of fighting with the crappy barn doors on the air trailers ,,, they use friend:d up chain and clip to secure the doors , none are the same , then you gottah fool with the cheap doors to close them ,, and watching the whole time not to cut yourself on the older ones which are rotted away !
Yup ,,, let's put the gold in these trailers !!!:(
We have a brand new air trailer with side skirts. Helps with fuel economy for the 5 min drive to the airport :)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have a brand new air trailer with side skirts. Helps with fuel economy for the 5 min drive to the airport :)
See how long it takes before the skirts get jacked up putting the trailer on some of the airport "equipment" or on the building depending on how you guys do it in your neck of the woods...

Jsea1

Don't do it. Only apply for an off the street job. "Tractor trailer driver" one will eventually pop up. Especially if they are implementing Saturday delivery in your area. For some reason they are hiring like crazy.
I'll be getting married in a couple weeks and me and my wife will be trying for a baby later this year. I'm 26 and would like to be home more. I'll always have a job in car hauling but it can be up and down, I could also get a pt trucking job I'm a pretty big guy also hauled grocery for two years so I know about touching boxes. They won't hire me when they need off the street drivers at some point?

Johney

Getting tired of fighting with the crappy barn doors on the air trailers ,,, they use friend:d up chain and clip to secure the doors , none are the same , then you gottah fool with the cheap doors to close them ,, and watching the whole time not to cut yourself on the older ones which are rotted away !
Yup ,,, let's put the gold in these trailers !!!:(
Don't fret friend, we are seeing brand new ones here maybe some will be heading your way...........or all our old ones.

P

pickup

Next you'll be telling me there's a registration hidden somewhere on them!

Sometimes two of them in the King box, one flapping in the wind. But don't worry if it goes off with breeze, you got another there affixed with transparent thick tape. I'm sure that would be fun to try to hand over to a cop if need be.