Ms.PacMan

There's a job opening in feeders (Central Region).

Job is open to bidding for eligible full-time employees.

Two non feeder qualified drivers sign the bid and a part timer who is feeder qualified and works coverage for feeders sign the bid. Who gets it?

Back story - only the part timer signed up to become feeder qualified and do coverage when it went up a year ago. The drivers are only interested now because it's a permanent job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Two non feeder qualified drivers sign the bid and a part timer who is feeder qualified and works coverage for feeders sign the bid. Who gets it?

Back story - only the part timer signed up to become feeder qualified and do coverage when it went up a year ago. The drivers are only interested now because it's a permanent job.
Should be one of the drivers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

The senior driver.

Pickles

Around here you have to be qualified to get in permanently. So I think none of them should get it and then they should rehang the bid open to ANY qualified feeder people. Which then it would be the PTer.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Around here you have to be qualified to get in permanently. So I think none of them should get it and then they should rehang the bid open to ANY qualified feeder people. Which then it would be the PTer.
You have any questions about this

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Around here they train you, are you saying that where you're at they don't?

Pickles

They hang a 40 hour school here. Which means after you have successfully completed it you are a qualified feeder driver. Which then means you are able to sign into the feeder classification after you are trained.

Pickles

They call it 40 hour school. Just like anywhere it's a week of training and then a production week. Once finished with those two weeks you are an eligible qualified employee.

Pickles

For the scenario I'm giving which is what I think the original question is about:

FT feeder driver retires.

Management hangs a bid to join feeders classification.

Not even the highest seniority FTer in the building can sign and win said bid if he/she hasn't successfully completed tractor trailer school.

Johney

For the scenario I'm giving which is what I think the original question is about:

FT feeder driver retires.

Management hangs a bid to join feeders classification.

Not even the highest seniority FTer in the building can sign and win said bid if he/she hasn't successfully completed tractor trailer school.
I agree. It says "opening position in Feeder" that sounds to me like someone already trained and has their CDL. Here bids go up for feeder and it says Feeder school. I say p/t guy will get it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here if we have an opening due to retirement or a new run being put in it goes for up for bid in feeders only, if someone takes it then their run goes up for bid in feeders only, if someone takes that then their run goes to the q list, if no one from the q list bids then the lowest seniority driver on the q list gets forced on to it.
tl;dr anytime there's a job opening it's 2 moves then fill from the q list.