Brown Now

Use Waze Navigation. It’s free for Apple and Android. A lot of us use it. Interactive and current.
Does that have a truck option for Bridges and restricted roads ?

Nope. Doesn’t really matter to us. It’s so current and interactive,it’s a great tool. Have mine suction cupped to the windshield every where I go. It usually gives you traffic warnings in advance. Go where the trucks go.

Indecisi0n

Nope. Doesn’t really matter to us. It’s so current and interactive,it’s a great tool. Have mine suction cupped to the windshield every where I go. It usually gives you traffic warnings in advance. Go where the trucks go.
You trust Waze taking you down roads that might only be meant for cars?

Brown Now

Use Waze Navigation. It’s free for Apple and Android. A lot of us use it. Interactive and current.
Does that have a truck option for Bridges and restricted roads ?
You trust Waze taking you down roads that might only be meant for cars?

Waze,no. My instinct, yes. I’ve been driving big trucks for 28 years in the city and on the road. I’ve got a pretty good handle of where I can be and where I shouldn’t be.

jaker

trolling
The Garmin DEZL? Mine is horrible, always taking me on goofy routes. I would never trust go somewhere with it without verifying it through Google maps first.
don't get me wrong I don't trust it 100% , but after I check the route on my phone and look for the entrance I don't have to worry about where I am going after that

rod

Retired 22 years
So what exactly is the difference between a regular Garmin and a trucker Garmin? I pull a camper a lot and my Garmin has got me into some real predicaments.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So what exactly is the difference between a regular Garmin and a trucker Garmin? I pull a camper a lot and my Garmin has got me into some real predicaments.
It's supposed to keep you on routes that are ok for big trucks, i.e. No weight restrictions, low bridges, etc.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
don't get me wrong I don't trust it 100% , but after I check the route on my phone and look for the entrance I don't have to worry about where I am going after that

My biggest issue is the routing. We have one center that is directly off of a major interstate. You turn right onto a 4 lane hwy, go 2 miles and turn onto a deadend street to the center, yet this GPS wants me to go 2 exits past the road that turns directly onto the Rd I need and make 4 unnecessary turns.

Another place always wants me to take the Atlanta bypass north 1 exit and then come back south because when I go under the interstate it flags it as no trucks allowed.

I have a couple friends with the Rand McNally versions who are very happy with them.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
A $20 is a $20
9AC1BD90-46AF-4F3D-95EA-20278AF9A171.gif