I am only 8 months into my UPS career and I am still a TCD...trying to get that full time :sad-very:. That being said i got to talk with one of the feeder drivers and I am going to try to become one.

Thanks for all the information.

Brown Now

How come the ABS light comes on the dash while braking with only some trailers/tractor?

Could be a number of things , but more than likely a well worn light cord. Tends to happen over bumps as well. Don’t sweat it. It’s more annoying than anything and it does not affect the ABS on any other piece of equipment.

over9five

Staff member
Somebody who goes thru checkpoints will probably know this, but I thought:

Even if it's not required, if your equipment has them and there is an idiot light on, then it is an equipment malfunction.

Indecisi0n

I do CPUs the first 3/4 of my night, and local buildings the rest. I don't go far enough to see a checkpoint.
I've passed checkpoints before in the past, but they've always waved me thru.
From what I am told they leave most UPS's guys alone. I have never been stopped yet.

barnyard

KTM rider
There is a checkpoint set up just north of my building regularly. They wave us all in, package and feeders. Portable scale and they do inspections on some. 1 of our guys did not do well because he told the inspector that he did not have a fire extinguisher on board. Made a supe bring one out, then the inspector pointed out where it was.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
ups222_1529589244829_46204658_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

I hate seeing stuff like this.... first thing in the morning.

UPS driver injured during I-20 wreck in Sweetwater

govols019

You smell that?
Any word out of the FNN on this: In addition, the National Committee has successfully negotiated a provision to pull many loads that are currently moved by the railroad off of the rails and move those loads to newly created sleeper teams, resulting in at least 2000 new full-time jobs for the members.