Ask a Feeder Driver, Feeder Driver FAQ

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 104Feeder, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Same here. I listen to these guys bragging about how much money they make by working all the extra days and I just think "Is that how much your life is worth?".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I make plenty to enjoy taking some days off and not worry about how much money I am "losing" by not working that day.

I work to live, I do not live to work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

No amount of money compares to the time spent with my family.

4. Indecisi0n

We never know how much time we have left on this Earth or our loved ones so making then laugh and seeing their smiles are priceless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Christmas Eve in feeders is (was) usually spent, at least at my house, sitting on the floor of the garage putting toys together with a 6 pack of beer nearby. Wife was usually the lookout, making sure the kids didn't wake up and wander around.

6. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

I wonder when the pendulum will swing back into sexual innuendo territory.

7. Indecisi0n

New year's.

8. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

I asked that question also. Driver in my building says if you bid a job that week or have a job and it starts after 3pm you’ll do nothing. Might even be sent home. Anything earlier is a light work day, but will definitely work 8 hours.

9. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Glad I can get paid a lot of money, and be away from......her.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. King Of The Mountain

King Of The Mountain down in a holler

gotta make the six figures to spend the six figures /s

11. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

Not dogging you, but don't you run a 3,000 mile a week mileage run? It's easier to turn down $$$ when you already make $150k on a 5 day week.

I stay in coverage and grab all the high paying days I can. I also have plenty of 3 and 4 day weeks throughout the year to balance the days off.

12. Jones

Nooo, I think you got me confused with Dracula maybe? I've had a local run for the last 3 years and 10 to 10.5 a day is right in my wheelhouse.

13. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

I thought it was one of you two... Slight difference in pay between those runs.

It amazes me the difference between buildings. Our hub cuts hours every chance they can and we have quite a few 4x10 runs that are lucky to get 42 hours a week. Meanwhile, other buildings are begging drivers to work every available DOT hour.

Right now we have a dozen or so drivers, at any given time, doing almost nothing while they have contractors, many in daycabs doing our work. All yesterday we had 5 plus drivers killing time on the pallet dock while daycabs ran 80-200 mile turns.

14. Jones

All our 4/10's are cut right now, everyone is on a 5 day schedule with a mandatory 6th punch. M-F drivers have to work Sunday, S-Th drivers are required to work either Friday or Saturday and everyone is working over 60. Glad we only only got a couple more weeks of this nonsense.

15. Indecisi0n

When does peak start?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

...a better question would be, "...when does it end?".

Kick it back.

17. Indecisi0n

If this is a sign of what peak is in feeders then I am in heaven. I am doing less work and getting paid more for it.
    Copy?

18. Jones

You'll get over it, in a couple years you'll be bitching just like everyone else ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Indecisi0n

That what everyone tells me. Coming from package I appreciate everything. Everytime I am having a bad day I just think back to those package days with 200 stops, smoked truck and a 1100 ETA with no help in sight. Then I just sit back and smile.

20. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

I tell them I have a life and a wife that loves me.