Coldworld

60 months and counting
Jeez, I have no idea. You are treated like an adult in Feeders, more like a child in Package.
There are no games, safety rules all. No one can make you drive faster, you are the "captain of the ship".
Maybe I'm not getting what you mean by "problem child".
Maybe he has a rogue on road....

Indecisi0n

Let me be clear, I've personally had no issues with anyone while in feeders. I think I been in package so long I still can't believe it's always going to be this nice . I come to work and am treated fairly which is wonderful .

I guess I am so use to being on the defensive side of things since I use to be threatened to be fired on a daily basis . Kisses and hugs

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What does management do in feeders when they want to put pressure on a "problem child"? I know the games they play in package car with following people and such I was just curious what I would look out for in feeders.

If they suspect you of "extending" your meals or breaks, they will follow you with a camera.

If you're not getting the job "done," so to speak, they will threaten, and will follow through, changing the job or eliminating it all together.

They could knock a 10 hour job down to 8, or move it, and then a feeder driver gets laid off.

They play the other drivers against you. While you may only want that 8 hours, or you may be able to bump if they knock your hours down, the next guy stuck on that job may have wanted the 10 hours.

So you may have just become the most hated guy in feeders because you screwed up a job.

And you think package drivers can be vindictive?

It's not hard. It's the easiest $100K you will ever make.

Just do your job and don't screw it up for the next guy.

And this was not directed at you @Indecisi0n .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Only two things I've seen guys fired for in feeders: accidents and stealing time.
So, don't steal and don't hit anything.

Like Mug said, it's a pretty easy gig.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Let me be clear, I've personally had no issues with anyone while in feeders. I think I been in package so long I still can't believe it's always going to be this nice . I come to work and am treated fairly which is wonderful .

I guess I am so use to being on the defensive side of things since I use to be threatened to be fired on a daily basis . Kisses and hugs
One thing I had to really work on is not to concern myself too much with the day to day dealings in pkg... still talk to people who are still humping cardboard and even though I did that job for more years than I’d like to admit to I have moved on and that’s that....yes, things could change tomorrow and feeder has changed from what some of the old timers have told me BUT it still is 100x better than package...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Only two things I've seen guys fired for in feeders: accidents and stealing time.
So, don't steal and don't hit anything.

Like Mug said, it's a pretty easy gig.
And in regards to stealing time it’s my experience that we’re not talking about 10 minutes like You could get hung up for in pkg but hours in feeder where nothing had been happening....hell, how many times have dispatch told you to call them back for loads and it takes 30 minutes for them to actually get something in your ivis.....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And in regards to stealing time it’s my experience that we’re not talking about 10 minutes like You could get hung up for in pkg but hours in feeder where nothing had been happening....hell, how many times have dispatch told you to call them back for loads and it takes 30 minutes for them to actually get something in your ivis.....
Oh yeah, I'm talking about guys regularly pulling over and taking a nap without going on break, really blatant stuff like that. It's easy to get 60/week in feeders if that's what you want, no need to steal.

Indecisi0n

Oh yeah, I'm talking about guys regularly pulling over and taking a nap without going on break, really blatant stuff like that. It's easy to get 60/week in feeders if that's what you want, no need to steal.
I totally agree .Anytime I want extra cash all I do is go to dispatch and they are more than happy to provide me with an extra leg.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It’s just like package, if you’re at the bottom of the list, or how it’s been explained when I’ve been in the office, “Least Best”.

Now that is a patch I would be proud to wear on my sleeve.

brostalss

IMG_1129.JPG

A Phoenix Feeder Driver showed me this.